iii. an empty wallet

TRACK 04
AN EMPTY WALLET
spend it
  all on you

PETER LOOKED DOWN AT THE FLOOR, DECIDING BETWEEN THE TWO OPTIONS HE HADThe choice was obvious in his mind, but he had wanted to become an Avenger so bad. He would be alongside his role models,  but what would happen to his girlfriend? He would have to admit his secret to her at some time. This wasn't looking good for him.

"I'd love to be apart of your team, Mr. Stark," Peter spoke, a serious look in his eyes. "when do we leave?"

Tony grinned, happy that the spider-ling was now on his team during the altercation with Steve Rogers. However, Peter was unsure of himself and the decision he had just made.

Upon arriving at the rather large building, Peter took your hand and simply dragged you to your favourite stores, remembering everything from the last time you both were hereーtwo years ago. After finding some things you liked here and there, Peter insisted on buying everything for you. Even when you managed to win, he stole the bag and returned the things so he could re-buy everything. Something was going on with the boy.

An excessive amount of people were walking through the hallways of the mall, popping into their favourite shops and cleaning out their wallets. You and Peter were among that group. Hands intertwined, your arms swung back and forth, looking for any store that simply appeared to entice Peter. Your bags were evenly divided between you and Peter, not wanting him to carry over seven bags despite his constant protests.

"Peter, seriously. What's going on?" You asked, eyes meeting his soft, brown irises. He motioned for you to follow him, leading you to a simple, secluded area filled with chairs. He sat down, turning to the left so you could meet his eyes. You started to get worried, considering he never was this serious.

"I'm going to Germany for a few days," he whispered, earning a laugh from you. Peter felt a little unsure smile tug at his lips, wondering what you were thinking that could have possibly made you laugh.

You held up a finger, finishing your little laughing session before going back and explaining things to Peter. "This is what it's all about? God, babe, you made it sound like something bad was happening. Bring me back a souvenir or something?"

He nodded, an elated smile on his face. His fingers leisurely crawled over to your hand, scaling up the palm of your hand and taking your delicate hand in his. Pressing a light kiss to your knuckles, he pulled you from the opposite side of the couch to the spot directly next to him.

"It's just Germany, not outer space or something. I'll be waiting back here when you come back!" You exclaimed, pressing a light kiss to his temple. Thankfully, it was spring break, meaning you wouldn't have to fill him in on all the things he missed during school or lug around extra copies of your homework for him.

The two of you just sat there, in each other's embrace in the middle of the mall. Peter absolutely loved being in your arms, and he wanted to get his trip over with so he could return back. The two of you had been together for a mere week, but the fact that you had been friends for almost eight years made things feel longer.

Sometimes, you would lay awake and wonder if you were moving things too quickly. Maybe you were right, or maybe you weren't. They were simple late-night thoughts, they couldn't be foreshadowing a future, could they? You were snapped out of your overthinking thoughts when Peter kissed your cheek.

"Wanna go get some ice cream?" He prodded, poking your side. Almost immediately, you squealed. He pulled back for a second, thinking that he hurt you. When Peter realized you were nothing but ticklish, he started to wiggle his fingers at your sides, causing you to squirm under his touch.

Gasping for air, you tried to pry his hands away from you, your sides startling to hurt from laughing so much. He grinned, adoring your laugh, your smile, and everything else. Finally retracting his touch from you, he helped you sit up, pulling you into his arms again.

"I leave tomorrow, but I'll be back before break ends. Promise." He whispered into your ear, pressing a small kiss below it. A little giggle slipped out of your lips, standing up, taking a few of the shopping bags, and extending your hand for him to take.

"Well, then I'll take your offer on that ice cream. And this time, I'm paying!" Peter's mouth opened, ready to protest, but you quickly placed your finger over his pursed lips. "No ifs, ands, or buts, Parker."

He walked next to you, a small smile on his lips as he tried to get his walk in sync with yours. Almost managing to fall, he grabbed your hand, and this time, he was managing to fall in love with you.

༻❁༺

author's note

hey babes, since y'all are genuinely enjoying this book, I decided why not update two times a day? I love this book with all my heart, it's like my little baby aw. anyways I have this book practically completed in writing terms. ugh I love you guys so much! y'all make my heart go 💗💖💓💖💓💗💖