iv. youngblood / woke up in japan

TRACK 05
YOUNGBLOOD WOKE UP IN JAPAN
the end is
just a dream

A SINGLE DAISY WAS PLACED BEHIND YOUR EAR, TEARS SLIPPING OUT OF YOUR EYES WITH EVERY BLINK. Your shoulders shivered with every breath you took, unsure if this was reality or simply a dream. As Peter spoke, your heart sank further into your chest. He no longer wanted to be with you. He didn't even want to be seen with you, let alone have any association whatsoever.

"I-I don't understand," you stuttered, standing up from the dinner table. Of course, he just had to bring you when there was a large crowd of elegant people around. "So you're saying this was all an act or something?"

Peter nodded, pushing his chair back under the table. The food that you had ordered not too long ago was untouched, the bickering starting right as it arrived. You were rendered speechless, replaying his words in your head.

First he was admitting that he loved you, then he was explaining how he wasn't 'feeling the vibe' anymore. He wasn't acting himself, but you couldn't let that get in the way of what he was saying. Lately, you had been putting in all of the work, making plans, initiating conversations. He didn't have a single ounce of trial in his whole body.

"You're such an ass, Peter," you grabbed your wallet and phone and started heading for the door, only stopping when a hand held onto your hand. Peter's harsh brown eyes disappeared, now replaced with sincere and sad eyes. You shook your hand out of his grip, not taking any excuse that he had up his sleeve. "Don't even think of trying to call me, text me, or anything else ever again."

The glass restaurant doors opened with a simple tug, thankfully. You stumbled out into the streets of New York, tears rolling down your cheeks as mascara started to smear. However, you could care less, bringing the back of your hands up to your eyes and wiping the tears. Peter's voice calling after you made you start to walk faster, wanting nothing but to get somewhere where you wouldn't hear his half-assed apologies. The one place that came to mind was risky, but it housed the person you trusted the most.

Peter bolted awake, beads of sweat on his forehead. His breathing was unsteady, placing his hand over his heart. Looking over to the right side of his lonely bed, he realized that you were miles away back home in Queens.

That night was the first time he had went to sleep without knowing if you were okay, sleeping soundly in the apartment next to his. Peter simply guessed that it was the sole reason why he had a nightmare about you. They were much different than his dreams about someone capturing you and him not making it in time to save you. He did question, though.

Peter jumped out of bed when he realized today was the day that he would be fighting alongside Iron Man and a whole bunch of his role-models.

The beige wall seemed to be more interesting than the buzzing of his phone on the bed. During the fight against the once united Avengers, Peter had realized how much danger he put himself in, let alone you. He could easily make enemies as Spider-Man and it would make you an easy target. He had seen too many movies where the hero's significant other gets taken hostage by a villain and and he wasn't going to let that happen to you.

It broke his heart to think about letting you go, and while it wasn't a decision he planned on making, it was up in the air. He absolutely loved you with his entire heart, and he wasn't ready to let you go. His phone vibrated again, finally bothering him to the point where he actually got up and started to respond to all his missed messages. His heart sunk when he read your name on his screen.

y/n ❤️
It's almost noon here but I wanted to make sure you're okay? you haven't answered to anyone and I'm worried.

let me know you're okay xx

me
yeah I'm okay, I'll call you after dinner yeah? love you.