vi. we had more

TRACK 07
WE HAD MORE
i just wanna get
back to us

NED LEEDS HAD ATTEMPTED TO TALK SOME SENSE INTO PETER, KNOWING HOW BROKEN BOTH OF HIS FRIENDS WERE. Michelle was on the other side of the wall, trying to persuade you to get out of your room and get a little comforting sun.

"Peter, you were the one that shut her out, you can't really blame her for breaking up with you," Ned placed the last grey lego piece on top of their brand new creation. A small smile appeared on Peter's face, not staying for long as he remembered the conversation he and Ned were having. "You should have just told her, man."

Peter hung his head low, letting out a heavy sigh. Ned was telling the truth; he was the one that caused the breakup, ignoring your calls, texts, and any attempt at affection. I should have just told y/n I'm Spider-Man. "I know, but it's better like this. I don't have to worry about her being in danger all the time."

Ned scoffed, picking up his newly completed Lego Star Wars walker and setting it on Peter's dresser. He looked down at his sulky best friend, extending a hand for him to take and stand up.

"You've seen the movies right? You caring about her as much as you do makes her even vulnerable right now, and that bird-man is out there!" He reminded, thinking about the masked man that had been on the news countless times. No one could tell exactly what he was doing, considering all he did was fly around the New York skies with extended wings.

Peter crossed his arms over his chest, traveling out of his room and into the vacant kitchen. May had left not too long ago to make a quick shopping trip at the supermarket. He placed his elbows on the table, bringing his head in his hands. Tugging at the ends of his curls, his heart fluttered at the thought of you in his arms again. "Let's go get ice cream or something, I can't sit here all day."

In the apartment next to the Parker's, you and Michelle sat on the floor in front of the television, pieces of colored and fake money in your hands. Glaring at the numbers the duo of dice displayed, you tried to put a little optimism in your head.

Your fingers crawled their way to the metal dog piece, skipping over the squares and landing on one of MJ's properties. Groaning, you threw down the last of your money, signaling the game was over. Michelle cheered, fanning all the paper money over her face.

"I hate you," you mumbled, trying not to let a laugh out. Stealing a glance at the clock, you quickly realized it was twenty to two, meaning you and Michelle had a mere fifteen minutes to get to Midtown High.

After your breakup with Peter, MJ had encouraged you to try something new, and you decided to join Midtown's Student Council, but not before dragging her with you. Fortunately, Liz Allen was there to guide the two of you through the oncoming obstacles. Michelle followed your gaze to the clock, quickly getting up from the floor and grabbing your car keys. Throwing them at you, the silver keys landed perfectly in your hands.

You watched as she shuffled through the refrigerator, taking out three yogurt drinks and shoving them in the pockets of her denim jacket. "Alright let's go!" You followed her out of the door, yelling a simple goodbye to your parents and making sure you locked the apartment door. As you did so, the close of another door echoed through the hallway.

To the right, Peter began to stare at you, feelings not yet deciding what side of the scale they were on. Michelle and Ned exchanged worried looks with each other, wondering how your first real interaction would work out. However, in your eyes, it wasn't that big of a deal.

Your attention moved from the doorknob to Peter, giving him a small smile. "Hey, uh, how's it going?"

He was taken aback a little bit, wondering how in the world you were entirely calm. Peter could feel his heart start to beat rapidly, his hands quivering with the thought of your fingers intertwined with his. "I-I'm good, th-thanks." He tripped over his words, trying to find the right ones. He was about to start up a long conversation when you interrupted.

"Look we have to go, but we should catch up sometime," You smiled, trying to hide the fact that you were somewhat still mad at him. Peter and Ned both nodded, sending you and Michelle a friendly wave.

As he watched you disappear into the staircase, Peter turned to Ned, confusion all over his face. "What just happened?"