ix. are you moving along?

TRACK 10
ARE YOU MOVING ALONG?
are you moving
along?

iMessage
Saturday 1:33 pm

Harry
Hey there cutie

Wait this is y/n, right?

y/n
Haha yes I literally put my name in ?

Harry
Just making sure, there's a lot of y/ns in my contacts ;)

y/n
Pfft yeah right, I'm probably the only person you have in there

Harry
Woah that cut me deep, y/n

Anyways what are you doing tonight? I heard there's this party and I kinda need someone to go with considering I know literally no one

y/n
Oh yeah, it's Liz's. She's super nice, you can come with me and my friends Michelle, Peter, and Ned if you want?

Harry
I'd love to!

y/n
Great! I'll meet you there then?

Harry
Of course! See you soon love ;)

THE SMALL GROUP OF FRIENDS WERE SEATED ONTOP OF THE KITCHEN ISLAND AND COUNTERS, PIECES OF CRUMBLING TOAST IN THEIR HANDS. The thumping music from the speakers was setting the perfect atmosphere for the large crowd of teenagers to get energized.

Ned told a well-thought-out joke, causing everyone to burst out in heaps of laughter. Y/n jumped when she felt someone touch her shoulder. Turning around, she was met with the smile from the guy she had just met the day before in the café.

"Hey! Guys this is Harry, I met him yesterday and he's transferring to Midtown this year," y/n patted the open spot next to her in the counter. Michelle and Liz exchanged conversant glances, noticing the twinkle in her eyes when she said his name. Harry gave the group a conscious smile and a wave, not knowing what to say.

Peter noticed how close he was sitting to y/n and a pang of enviousness pounded on his heart. He wanted to be the one who made her laugh and fall in love with him again. He had no idea how she felt, but seeing her happy with someone she had just met was like being in quicksand. If he tried to make amends in his romantic relationship, he'd be sinking in what seemed like never-ending regret. Peter pulled out his phone from his pocket, quickly searching for a certain conversation. His thumbs assembled the words he needed to say.

Peter :)
Can we talk outside for a minute?

y/n looked down at her illuminated phone screen, excusing herself when she noticed that Peter had left his place across from her a while ago. Their friends all nodded, Michelle and Liz crossing their fingers as the pair hoped their friends would get back together. Peter sat along the edge of the outdoor pool, dragging his hands through the water and creating small ripples. y/n slid open the patio door, sitting down next to Peter.

"What's wrong?" Sincerity was in her voice. It was entirely easy for anyone to tell whenever Peter Parker was blue or simply becoming quite petty. His head would hang down low and his gaze would stay fixed on one certain thing. He tended to be the drama queen of the group. y/n sat down next to him, trying to get Peter's attention.

"Are you moving on?" His question came out more blunt than he intended it to be. His brown eyes connected with y/n's, searching for an answer. Her lips parted, not even a simple syllable coming from them; simply not knowing what to say.  She felt tears prick at the back of her eyes, not even knowing why the waterworks were starting to begin. Tearing their connected gaze apart, she found interest in the basic tree's green leaves.

Peter thought for a second, not being able to read his best friend's expressions for the first time. His hand skimmed the surface of her's, earning a quick glance from y/n.

He took the few seconds he had to softly place his hand on the side of her face, pulling her in closer than they had ever been. Brushing his lips against hers, he couldn't discover if what he was doing was meant to be or simply out of spite.

He had no clue what was rushing through his mind, but something inside of his head finally clicked as their lips moved in sync. The realization had settled in for the spider-boy.