x. ghost of you

TRACK 11
GHOST OF YOU
no one could
feel your hurt

SCHOOL SEASON HAD OFFICIALLY STARTED, BOOKS AND PENCILS LITTERING THE INSIDE OF YOUR BACKPACK. Your attention was pinned on the wall in front of you, ideas of promoting homecoming floating in and out of your mind.

After the events that went down during Liz's last recent party, your mind had been completely out of sorts. Only a week and a half passed and you couldn't help but think about Peter's lips pressed against yours. His hand pressed against your cheek was the most comforting thing you had felt, and it brought you back to before the two of you broke it off with one another.

As soon as the kiss broke, Peter ran off, leaving you with hundreds of questions. More importantly, you were left to explain things to all your friends. They all stood at the patio door, giving you confused looks.

"You're thinking about him again, aren't you?" Michelle nudged your thoughts back into place as soon as she noticed you were zoning out. You gave her an apologetic smile. MJ nodded, understanding how crazed your emotions had to be. "Speaking of him, Prince Charming is staring at you."

She gave you a friendly pat on the back as she started to head off towards her art class. Taking a deep breath in, you turned around to meet Peter's gaze, easily telling that his eyes were full of interest and wonder.

You strolled over to him without saying a word, taking his hand and dragging him inside an empty science room.

"Okay, sorry I haven't talked to you but what do you expect me to do?" You threw your backpack down, the books slamming on the ground with a thud. Peter stood still, not having the nerve to make eye contact. "I can't just run into your arms again and pretend that you never hurt me. I mean, I could but it would mess me up so bad, Peter. You really hurt me."

You had finally stopped pacing back and forth after a few minutes of plain silence. Turning towards Peter, you raised you eyebrows in surprise that he wasn't rambling like you hoped he would. "We have to talk about this sometime. It's all I've been thinking about and I-"

"Right, uh, I'm sorry," was all he spluttered out before running offーagainーleaving you in the dark room alone.

Letting out a sigh, you picked up your backpack and trailed out of the science room. You managed to catch a glance of Peter walking away before you shouted towards him, not caring about the amount of stares you got. "Really, Parker?"