v. why won't you love me

TRACK 06
WHY WON'T YOU LOVE ME
can you tell me
why, my love?

TWO MONTHS. Two agonizing months since Peter had returned from his Germany trip. You had no idea what had changed, but his emotions got extremely cold towards you. Something had happened overseas, and your mind told you to let it go. You promised each other that you had no lies, but something felt off. However, the constant feeling of uneasiness and the sinking of your heart lead you to believe that you didn't deserve such treatment. Peter was such a thoughtful and wonderful guy, but now, he was acting the complete opposite.

After suffering a week full of rejected affection and eye rolls, you decided to break it off with Peter, heart-wrenching words coming directly from your heart.

"Peter, I don't know what's gotten into you. I don't know what I did wrong, but I think it's better if we go our separate ways. It's clear that you don't try anymore," You used the tips of your fingers to wipe away the tears that were starting to form in your eyes. Peter ran his hands through his hair, not having the courage to look up at you. He knew that you were talking about both your relationship and friendship. If he looked into your sad eyes, he would completely break down. "Maybe we rushed into this."

A small sob escaped his lips. Just thinking about how you believed this was all your fault made him feel horrible. After his return from Berlin, he tried his best to figure out a way to keep you safe while keeping you in his life, but he simply couldn't. Peter cried when you weren't around, thinking of his life without you. No matter what, he would always love you, but now wasn't the time. Maybe it wasn't the right time for the two of you. The two of you shared the mutual feeling that your relationship had been moving too fast

"I'm so sorry, y/n," He whispered, standing up to give your forehead one last kiss. You melted under his touch, wanting to keep his comforting hold, his loving touch. But you couldn't. It became another one of your dreams when he left your family's apartment, leaving you in a pile of tears.