xiii. meet you there

T R A C K  1 4
MEET YOU THERE
you know I'd
wait for you

SCHOOL SEEMED TO FLY BY, THE SLIGHT ANXIETY OF HOMECOMING STANDING OUTSIDE OF YOUR APARTMENT DOOR, OCCUPYING A LONELY PETER PARKER. You placed your wallet and phone on the kitchen table before traveling over to the door and unlocking the deadbolt, opening it in the slightest bit before running back to the bathroom.

Peter pushed the door open with his free hand, the other holding your color-coordinated corsage. Surprisingly, he had perfectly picked out the colors, despite your protests saying that he didn't have to get you one. However, he wanted to make every single feeling of being a couple at homecoming as memorable as possible. After all, the two of you had waited a while to get to where you were now.

After finding out you were going with Peter as a date, Harry happily congratulated you, figuring that his little plan of making Peter jealous worked. After hearing MJ and Ned talk about your chemistry, he figured it was the perfect way of getting the two of you together. Not even a few days passed before he told you that he asked Liz to homecoming. 

Peter waved to your family with a smile, who were talking to May on the sofa. Even though Peter spent most of his time at your apartment, he felt nervous when you had finally put a label on it. Going from best friends to lovers was quite a change for him, and it was entirely adorable to you. He had no idea how to speak to your parents without stuttering or going way off topic.

After what seemed like hours of talking, Peter excused himself to go find you. He had expected you to be in the bathroom, but instead he had found you cuddled up to the teddy bear sitting perfectly on your bed. Almost entirely, he could remember how he won it for you at the fair, and how he managed to stuff it in the trunk of his car despite it being the size of an actual person.

Without saying a single word, he climbed on top of you and rested his head in the crook of your neck, not fretting to place a single kiss to your shoulder in the process. Peter knew how tired you were from planning and decorating for homecoming, considering you were named as one of the leaders of student council. But he was utterly proud of you, and seriously debated joining solely so he could spend more time with you doing something that you loved, too.

For the past week, you had been joining Peter at the gym, eventually getting into the habit of using a punching bag. Soon, Peter joined in and it became competitive. It was something that both of you began to enjoy.

"I know you're tired, but I promise you that tonight is going to be so fun," Peter whispered, his voice being muffled by your skin against his lips. "Then we can come back here and sleep together. Wait, n-not like that, I mean like, y'know, cuddle, dream. Oh my God."

You giggled before pushing Peter off of you and sitting up. No matter how much you wanted to stay put in his arms, you didn't want to waste your homecoming tickets that were casually sat on your desk. "Sleep sounds really nice right now, but I didn't decorate the gym for nothing!"

Peter got up and trotted over to your closet, picking up your shoes and bring them over to you. Thanking him, you started to put them on, watching as he grabbed the small envelope from your desk. The way his small baby curls fell on his forehead amazed you, wondering how someone could look so perfect.

He held out his free hand for you to take, using it as an advantage to pull you into his embrace. The two of you stayed in a hug for a few minutes before heading out into the living room, ready to face the hundreds of photos you were bound to take.

Peter rushed to your side of his car, opening up the door for you. Thanking him, you looked back to make sure you had everything, despite only having a few things.

Nodding, you carefully shut the door. From the parking lot, you could hear the thumping music and see the beautiful gold decorations flowing through the glass windows. You had been so focused on the gym and your accomplishments for the dance that you didn't notice Peter bite his bottom lip out of nervousness. He had something to confess to you, and he had no idea how to do it.

"Wait, wait, y/n. I have to tell you something before it's too late," Peter held back your hand, making you stop walking towards the gymnasium filled with your friends. You stared back at him in confusion.

"I know it sounds crazy, but I'm Spider-Man."