i. valentine

TRACK 02
VALENTINE
fall more in love
every day

PENCIL IN BETWEEN YOUR FINGERS, YOU TWIRLED IT AROUND, LEANING YOUR HEAD ON PETER'S SHOULDER. After staying up well past midnight, you could barely keep your eyes open. Yet somehow, Peter was wide awake. There were only a few minutes left until you finally got out of school and started spring break. Letting out a little yawn, you felt his shoulders faintly rumble with laughter.

"Tired, are we?" His limber fingers started to comb through the tiny knots your hair. A small, happy hum erupted from your throat, convincing yourself that you could fall asleep right then and there. Unfortunately, you had to raise your head up from the resting position on his shoulder, packing up your things and shoving your notebooks into your backpack without a care. The final bell rang, small cheers coming from the hallways as it officially turned into spring break. Thankfully, Peter was your ride, meaning that you wouldn't have to worry about falling asleep behind the wheel.

"I have no idea how you're this cheerful after getting, like, no sleep." You walked alongside Peter, the spring air finally grazing your skin. Feeling a bit cold, you intertwined your hand in Peter's; almost immediately, you felt him tense up. Turning towards him, you realized his nervous expression. Carefully tearing your hand away from his, you took the chance to speak up. "Peter, you and me both know there's a spark or whatever here. I like you, a lot, and IーI actually have no idea what to say... I didn't get this far on the little scenario in my head."

The corners of Peter's lips curved up, revealing the small smile that you had fallen for. A burst of confidence soared through his veins. "Believe me when I say that the feeling is, entirely mutual, y/n." He tangled his fingers in yours again, earning back a smile from you.

Your lips parted, words wanting to be spilled out, but nothing came out. At this point, you had no idea how to respond. Peter took this small chance to drag his fingers from your arm to the side of your cheek, his warm hand lightly connecting with the side of your face. His soft brown eyes widened in the slightest bit, filling with nothing but admiration for the girl standing in front of him.

"You're horrible at keeping secrets," his face leaned closer with every second that passed, but your witty remark got the best of him. He started to laugh, eventually causing the two of you to break out into a fit of giggles. His forehead leaned against yours, the contact sending slight shivers down your spine. As soon as your laughter had died down, Peter put his serious face back on.

He cleared his throat, hands carefully fluttering their way down to the side of your hips. "Uh, c-can I?" He asked with a mere hopefulness entangled in his tone. You furrowed your eyebrows for a second, wondering what he was talking about. When you noticed his gaze moving from your eyes to your lips, you eagerly nodded.

His soft lips barely grazed yours before the familiar car horn that belonged to Flash Thompson blared. Peter pulled back, an annoyed expression occupying his face. Turning around, you were met with the smirk of, what Peter believed, was his arch enemy. Flash winked at you before speeding off, leaving the two of you utterly confused.

"I have no idea what just happened," your eyebrows tied together, a mere sad feeling starting to pass the happiness, doubting that you'd ever get that kiss from Peter.

You let out a deep sigh when Peter squeezed your hand and placed a quick kiss to your cheek. He smiled and circled around his slightly worn-down car, particularly far away from you. This was going to be difficult.