Chapter One

~Levi's POV~

My mother has been the only person I've ever cared about. I hadn't even met my father because he left my mother before I was even born. I don't even bother asking my mother what type of selfish man he was. Whether he left the country or even died, it wasn't my concern anymore. Kuchel was my mother's name, and we've been inseparable since my birth. But today was a day where I had a the slightest bit of disliking towards her.

"Mom, can't I just be home schooled? I don't see any benefit being surrounded by mindless adolescent boys for another four months."

"But you're also considered an adolescent boy, sweetie."

My mother and I didn't have a lot of money. She never went to college and she continues to push the concept onto me so I can have a "better" and "easier" life. Who says I don't want a difficult and bumpy life? Obviously no one, but still. It should still be my decision as well if I want to go into a private school.

"Whatever. But if I have the urge to kill anyone, can you please pick me up right away."

My mother nodded at me while I continued to ponder in the passenger seat. I could sense she was worried for me, entering a new school in the middle of March. To be honest, I have some concerns as well, but I just tend to push those thoughts away because there's no going back now. Unless I jumped out of the moving car right now and break an arm or two. But that'd cost my mom a few hundred bucks to fix and I'd rather not waste her money on something that pathetic.

"Oh Levi! We're almost there, I really wish I had the chance to go to a private school when I was a kid. Dealing with boys was always a hassle when I was your age."

"Did you really just pull the 'when-I-was-your-age' card on me? I love you to death, but seriously?" I complained while continuing to hold a pout-filled face.

"Oh sweetie, stop overreacting, look we're here already! I can't go inside with you because I have a meeting at noon and it's already takes an hour to get back home. So you have fun! Oh and no fights either."

I nodded while opening the car door only to be greeted by a cold breeze. My mother had told me this school had been located near the ocean. I had never been to the ocean. Not because I didn't want to, I just didn't feel the need to. I hurried and grabbed my suitcase and bags from the trunk. After closing it, I waved Kuchel goodbye and rolled my suitcase up the concrete stairs. Once at the front door, someone had opened it right as I walked up.

The boy who opened it looked as shocked as I was. He looked almost my height, but slightly taller, sadly. His hair looked like a mop almost. His blonde hair was quite long. He had the school uniform on as well. It consisted of black dress shoes, khaki pants, a burgundy sweater vest with a yellow tie, and white long sleeved Polo short underneath. The uniforms weren't half bad.

Although, I bet he was confused because I hadn't come in a uniform. I had black skinny jeans with a grey sweater, and black dress shoes; the same shoes as the boy in front of me.

"My bad, are you a visitor here? You don't have a uniform on," he asked.

"I'm a new kid. Do you know where the principles office is, I need to get there now," I responded clearly making him uncomfortable.

"Um...I can't show you, because we can't allow...strangers...into the building without confirmation from the higher ups. I'll get you a guard to lead you through the school," he replied backing up awkwardly.

"You know it's impolite to not ask someone's name when you first meet them."

"Oh...haha...my bad. I'm Armin Arlert. And you are...?"