Chapter Twelve

~Levi's POV~ 

I had been sleeping on the abandon beach for for my second night now. I hadn't returned to the campus since last Friday and I was honestly getting bored.

The sea's view was the only thing that kept my interest peeked. The combination of the ocean and it's yellowy horizon was so intriguing. The salty air and the cries of seagulls occupied my other senses. I haven't wore my boots sense I got here causing sand particles to be wedged between my toes. It created an odd feeling at first, but I soon got used to it. 

The sandy beach turned into an outlook of large rocks towards the east, and through my two days of being here, I noticed crabs had usually claimed that area. The barnacle covered stones were enough for me to avoid going over there anyways. 

The sun began to set creating an landscape of dusk colors including pink, orange, and a deep red. They all complimented each other lovingly while the large star went on it's mission to set. The few minutes I watched the bewildering view, the mild colors soon vanished into a darkened blue. 

Within seconds, the only thing visible was the gallery of tiny lights scattered across the sky. And so came about the moon reflecting back into my eyes. Maybe the moon is beautiful only because it's far away. 

I seat myself on the warm sand and with my legs stretched out. My arms were bent behind me to cushion my head as I stared at the endless sky. Now closing my eyes, I hoped this feeling of tranquillity would stay. For what I thought was going to be forever, the ambient noise of the water washing upon the shore was soon interrupted by footsteps approaching me. 

My head raised up attempting to eye the figure advancing towards me. It seemed to be holding a large box. Startled I scrambled to feet only to slip back down into he sand. Trying again, I left my boots while the silhouette came closer, now in a rush.

"Wait!" 

Detecting the voice, I could easily tell it was the boy I didn't want to see. I slowed my walking and plopped myself back into the sand.

"Leave me alone, Eren."

"I'm not leaving."

He sat next to me placing the objects he was carrying behind him.

"Why are you even here! I'm never anyone's first choice, and I'm not anyone's favorite. They all lie to me when they say 'you mean the world to me' or 'I love you' because I know they all have someone they'll pick over me! I'm hurt, okay Eren? Sometime's it's impossible to fix a broken glass heart when all that's left are tiny shards! No one's gonna help because they're afraid of getting themselves hurt! So stop talking to me!"

"Levi, I'm not afraid."

"No, I don't believe you."

There was a silence before he talked.

"I messed up. I know-"

"Yea, I know you messed up, that's why I here Eren...wait. How you know I was here?"

Eren chuckled before glancing over to look at me, "Because someone once told me you always wanted to visit the ocean. To stand in the shore as the water ran across your ankles."

I hadn't responded, now making an uncomfortable stillness between us. 

"Levi...I got you something," Eren said while turning around and grabbing the two objects and placing them gently on my lap, "Open the smaller one first."

There was one bag with tissue paper sticking out and an abnormally large cardboard box. I placed the large box to the side as I shuffled through the small gift. Plucking out pieces of tissue paper, I saw a smaller glass container with a rubber lid. Lifting it out, I observed the glass box to see what was inside. I popped open the lid and a distinguishable scent filled the surrounding air.

"It's honeydew?" I replied in a surprising tone.

"There's a fork at the bottom of the bag, but before you eat, you need to open the second box," Eren said calmly.

Doing as he told, I placed the honeydew container onto the soft sand and handled the cardboard box. It wasn't taped shut, so I flipped open the flaps to reveal an oddly shaped...thing.

As the moonlight shone down, the realization hit me.

"You bought a new ukulele...for me?" I quietly sad as I picked up the fragile instrument.

"Of course, I was the mere reason you broke your old one...I felt bad a little bit when I saw you drenched on the ground surrounded by wood bits back in the dorm."

Strumming the strings, I was astonished at how beautifully it sounded. The entire instrument was painted white and reflected the moon's light.

I placed it down gently while I threw my arms into Eren causing both of us to tumble over. I berried my head into his chest while I squeeze him to death.

"Levi...I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry for telling Jean what you said in music theory. I'm sorry for barely spending time with you when we first met. I'm sorry for being embarrassed. I'm sorry for it all," I heard Eren's voice crack a little bit.

To my dismay, when I looked up, tears were streaming down his face. 

"Oi, brat! It's okay! Don't cry!"

He's tears soon subsided as he pulled in and placed the most tender kiss on my lips. 

"Ahhh, I missed kissing you..." Eren said in a tone of relief while grinning. 

"You're so cute..." I said while placing my head on his chest again, "Wait, don't you have practice and a game tomorrow?"

"Yup, but I already told the team that I'm not going to practice in the morning so I'll be spending this beautiful night with my beautiful boyfriend," Eren cheered.

"Boyfriend? You never asked me out though!" I joked.

"Okay okay! Levi Ackerman, will you be my boyfriend?"

I nodded as I removed myself from Eren's chest and reached for the honeydew he bought. Munching away, I caught him looking at me.

"Why are you staring at me Eren?"

"Cuz you look so happy!"

I nearly choked on my fruit as he practically screamed those words. But I couldn't be mad at him anymore. He did all this for me. 

"Do you want some?" I replied while moving the fork closer to Eren's mouth.

He nodded as he chomped down of the fruit. His face lit up while he chewed.

"This is...really good!" Eren said with his mouth filled with fruit.

"Eat with your mouth closed! And swallow before you speak!" I lectured him before taking another bite of the honeydew.

Eren's head dropped on my lap facing the ocean and the moon's reflection. 

"Hey love?" He said.

"Yea Eren?"

"I really, really like you!" 

I could nearly hear through that sentence that he was smiling when he said those words.

"I like you too."

~[check out my new upcoming story "White Lie" ~ there's prob gonna be more smut than fluff (very different from honeydew) ~ so read if you want! Thanks for reading Honeydew!! Even though I hasn't gotten many reads, I absolutely loved writing it!!]~

[I'll be creating a lot of short stories over this summer, so (if you want) follow to be updated :3]

[then again: rip XXX, you kept me living through the rough times, I'll never forget you]

[much love]