Chapter Three

~Levi's POV~

Returning back to my dorm room after the bell rang, I began to ponder. What were the people in my Literature class thinking after I read my poem? I know for a fact they didn't hate it.

After arriving at the elevator and then to my room, I opened the door. However, to my dismay, no one was there. The succulent plants stayed in their exact spot at the perfect angle for the sun's rays to be sucked in. Now that my classes were over, I undressed from my uniform and decided to take a nap. The dorms were hot as hell, I'd normally sleep with just my underwear at times because it was most comfortable for me instead of burning up underneath the covers. Before I even knew it, I had drifted off to sleep.

I heard loud footsteps and cheering becoming louder and louder and louder. My once quiet and empty room suddenly became filled with obnoxious boys reeking of a malodorous scent. The cheering once stopped when they all noticed me and there faces shriveled up in disgust. 

"Hey faggot," a well known voice interrupted. 

"What'd you just call me, Jean?" I replied sharply now sitting on up on the bed.

"I called you a faggot, faggot. Now why are you in this room? This room doesn't belong to you," Jean responded.

"If you recall, I'm a new fucking kid, and I need a place to sleep just like you, Jean. And I just so happened to be placed in Room 104."

Jean and all the other boys around him were looking down on me as if I were some weakling. I honestly didn't care what Jean thinks of me, he already looks like a horse. No one can be worse than that. 

"Why are you here, Jean? Please don't tell me this is your room, because if it is, I'll tie a noose and hang you in your sleep," I said with yet another emotionless face.

"This is Eren's room, and we're on the soccer team. He always says that we can hang out in his room since he doesn't have a roommate," while he said that, I looked at the others. I seemed to recognize some of the others, like Connie, Marco, and Reiner, from Literature. Jean then continued, "I bet you thought you were so much better than me when you read your poem in class today, it was alright, I'll give you that. But actually, Eren told me you didn't like sports. This private school is known for it's excessive involvement in sports...so why the hell did you come here?!"

"I don't know, because I wanted to. I don't need to like sports to come to this school. As a matter of fact, I hate sports. I'm more of a fan of arts; music playing and writing in particular,"  I corrected Jean.

Jean's face was filled with disgust, "You're gay aren't you!"

These idiots. 

"Not exactly. Bisexual would be the correct term to describe myself," I corrected him a second time.

"You gay fuck!" Jean had a smirk on his face while he stormed over to me.

He grabbed me by my hair and bashed my head into the concrete wall. Bleeding instintly, I collapse onto the ground with the covers still wrapped around me.

"You fucking...bastard. The fuck...was that for?"

"A hate crime, look it up."

Jean and his friends stormed out while the crimson liquid seeped into my covers. Now laying on the ground, my eyes slowly drifted off for the second time that day. 

This is the type of cruel reality I was talking about before. I'm being honest when I say this, I'm not even sure if I'm bisexual. I've felt like I was, but I just never found the right boy to fully confirm and feel confident that I was. Jean wasn't anyone special in this event, it was a hate crime. There's no need to remember who did it exactly. My mindset has always been "If you can't change the situation, then change yourself." At times this method worked, but this is the first time were it's failed me. I can't change myself with this. If I'm gay, then I'm gay. If I'm straight, then I'm straight. If I'm bi, then I'm bi. Never in my life had this ever happened to me. Jean's assumption was true. And it nearly killed me. 

Awakening from my unconscious state, I finally had the strength to get up. The room was still empty, no sign of that asshole Eren. He looked so harmless when we were in class together today. But just because of one thing he said to Jean, my head got bashed into a fucking wall. All because of that damn Eren. 

I attempted on pushing myself off the ground with my forearms and I slowly succeeded. I crawled over to my phone and opened the camera app to look at my face. The blood had already dried. 

"I look horrific."

Grabbing my towel and soap I hurried out the dorm and down the hall towards the shower room. The lights flickered above me while the only thing you could potentially hear was my bare feet slapping against the tiled ground. Turning the corner, a figure made contact with me pushing me off balance.

"The hell?" I groaned as I grabbed my already wounded head.

"Oh Levi, I'm sorry, I didn't see you there. Holy shit what happened to your face?" a voice said actually sounding concerned.

I glanced up and saw the only face I didn't want to see; Eren. He held his hand out hoping I'd accept. He looked down at me as if I were a lost puppy, which made my blood boil. I slapped his hand out of my sight and slowly managed to get up on my feet.

I didn't say a word to him as I walked to my continued direction. I could sense his eyes staring at me as I trailed away. 

Finally reaching the bathrooms, I opened a shower stall door and lazily got in. Water had been trickling from the shower head, making a soft dripping noise every few seconds. Twisting the faucets, the water turned from cold to lukewarm. The liquid ran through my hair and down every crevice of my aching body. The color had altered into a faded red from the dried blood that had stained my face. Being fully drained of my energy, I slowly rubbed the soap across my body. Even though I was a clean freak, there's still a limit to my strength. I honestly felt so empty physically and mentally.

Finishing my shower, I dried my nagging self and wrapped the towel over my lower half. I retraced my steps and found my way back to my room. I had left the door unlocked so I wouldn't have to deal with it later. Opening the door, I expected to find Eren sitting there since I saw him walking towards our room. I'm not sure if he knows I'm his roommate yet, but whether he knows or not isn't my concern. The wellbeing of anyone in this school isn't a concern to me honestly.

I through on a clean pair of boxers and a grey tank top. Sense I was alone, this should be the perfect time to play the ukulele. And with that, I plucked in my headphones and grabbed my instrument.