Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Desiree Kamel's POV

I slowly sat up and smoothed my hair down. Best night sleep ever. I looked over at the clock and saw that it was almost eleven. Maybe I should call mom and check up on her.

Sliding out of Jacob's grip, I grabbed my phone and the pizza trash and walked to the kitchen, dialing her number.

"Hello?", she answred.

"Hi mommy...."

"Aw.... My baby girl. How are you?"

"I'm good. I just woke up and I thought maybe I should call you...."

"Oh. I just woke up, too. Well I'm glad you called because I was just about to call."

"Haha really? That's funny. How are you mom?"

"I'm great. Relaxing..... Movies... Some me time haha."

"Ok that's good. Not too much trouble now..."

"Not like you."

"What are you talking about mom?!", I gasped, throwing the trash away and taking out some pans for pancakes.

"Come on Desiree. I know you! You and Jacob are getting busy."

"Mom!"

"Have you..."

I stayed silent, my face turning red and heated.

"OOO!!!!! MY BABYS MAKING BABIES!!! IM GONNA BE GRANDMA SOON!!!!! AWWWW!!!"

"NO MOM!!! I mean-yea we purposely didn't use protection but I don't think we are ready for that just yet.... I mean we just got engaged. Baby steps."

I guess that was a wrong choice of words because I could hear her happy gasp from over the phone.

"Really mother?"

We talked some more as I made blueberry pancakes and sausage for me and Jacob. I was making the plates when strong arms wrapped around my waist.

"Morning baby.", Jacob said with his deep, sexy morning voice.

"Morning babe....", I blushed.

"Hi Jacob!", my mom shouted into the phone.

"You're on speaker mom.....", I shook my head.

"Hi Mrs. Kamel.", Jacob smiled, looking at me with an adorable smile.

"Wow.... I got to go mom. Breakfast is done.", I sighed, chuckling under my breath.

"Ok. Don't have too much fun baby. Bye guys."

"Bye.", me and Jacob said before I hung up and sat down at the nice table.

"So you made breakfast?"

"Yeah. Dig in!"

Halfway into our delicious breakfast, I thought about someone who I haven't talked to in a while.

"Uh-Jaocb? Have you heard from Julie?"

"What? No... Why?"

"Just thought about her.... I mean it was nice of her to throw that birthday party for me.... But I feel like a shitty friend."

*FLASHBACK*

It was around five in the afternoon and me and Jacob and my mom were watching Despicable Me 2. Don't ask why.

"Desiree?", Jacob said, grabbing my hand.

"Yeah?"

"I want to take you out to dinner....", he said, looking down at his phone screen.

"Now?"

"Now."

I nodded and went upstairs with Jacob after making sure it was ok with my mom. He told me to dress fancy and that it had to be a dress.

While he ran home to get changed, I picked out a nice red cocktail mini dress that was strapless and stopped mid thigh. It was blood red and came with a thick diamond belt. I paired it with five inch diamond heels and shiny diamond jewelry.

After straightening my hair and flipping my bangs, I put my make up on dark and heavy. Red eyeshadow and red lips. Spraying some Beyonce perfume on, I put my shoes on and walked downstairs.

"Mom, is this too much for dinner?!!", I cried to my mom dramatically.

"Oh no! Not where you're going. You look beautiful baby.", she smiled, taking a Kodak worthy picture of me.

Jacob came in the door dressed in a black suit with a blue tie.

"Dang it. I don't match!", he hissed, looking at my dress.

"It's ok. I think Mr. Kamel has some old red ties you could use.", my mom said, showing him the way to the spare bedroom with all my dad's old clothes.

I saw that Jacob had brung some masks and I grabbed the black lace one. Putting it on, I looked in the mirror and I have to admit I looked good.

Soon after they found a red silk tie, me and Jacob got in his car and drove off. It was dark and I had no idea where we were going.

About ten minutes later, we pulled up to this dark ball room. I was confused. We got out and Jacob held the door open for me.

"Jacob... It's dark in here. Why are we here?", I asked.

Soon a whole bunch of lights cut on and the ball room lit up. It was a birthday masquerade ball for me! I gasped and was guided outside into the real party. It was a glow-in-the-dark dance floor.

"Jacob? You did this?", I asked, grabbing his hand in shock.

He shook his head no and pointed somewhere behind me. I turned around and Julie stood there in a sparky dark blue gown.

"Julie?", I whispered.

She walked up to me and took off her silver mask.

"I'm so sorry for everything. Kissing you, getting you drunk, not telling how I felt and drowning all my feelings in alcohol, basically I'm sorry for being a bad best friend.", she smiled nervously.

"Aw.... Julie. No I'm sorry. I'm was being a bad friend kicking you to the curb like that. All this time I've been thinking about me and not both of us. We have a history and I have no right to get mad at you because of the way you feel. You can't help it..... You'll always be close to me.", I whispered, pulling her into a hug.

We kept hugging our feelings out. Everything felt right.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"Gosh I miss her.", I sighed, putting my dishes in the sink.

Grabbing my phone, I sent her a text saying we need to meet up when I get home from my honeymoon. She sent a text saying she was up for it any day.

"Glad to have my Julie back....", I whispered.