Chapter One

Jack's Point of View
'Alyssa, taping times have been changed from 8 am tomorrow to 6 am tomorrow.' I typed on my MacBook Pro. 'Thank you for your flexibility. -Frost'

I kicked my feet up onto my oak desk that faced the New York City skyline. Looking at the view was my favorite part of the day, other than coming to work. Frost Film Studios is one of the most prized possessions in my life; she's the equivalent to a child that you birthed and raised yourself.

Two knocks were heard from my door. It was my best friend, and director of the most current film at Frost Film Studios, Hiccup Haddock. I stood up from my chair and the two of us hugged.

"Sit down, Hiccup." I motioned him to a chair at my desk.

"Why was filming time moved from 8 to 6 tomorrow?" Hiccup asked. "Benjamin just called me in frustration because you never gave a reason for switching times."

"I have an important business meeting at 8."

"We can film without you." Hiccup insisted. "8 would actually be more efficient for us and give us a much better scenery."

"I understand that, Hiccup. However, I'd like to see what you're putting on the screen in my name."

"Jack, please move the time back to 8."

"Fine!" I shouted. "If it'll help you get more done!"

"Thank you. I'll let everyone know." Hiccup left my office and shut the door behind him.

I got up from my black, leather desk chair and walked over to the window.

The streets of New York were always so busy, no matter the time of day. Taxi's we're driving and stopping wherever the could to pick up passengers. This morning, it was raining cats and dogs; so many different umbrellas were seen. Yellow, pink and white polka dotted, even a rainbow umbrella was spotted from the 27th floor of the building. I rubbed my hands through my snow-colored hair as I kept gazing down at the different kinds of people on the street.

Slowly, I strolled back over to my desk chair and sat down to eat my lunch. Inside the top left drawer of my desk, was my lunch. Today, I packed a smoked ham and provolone cheese sandwich with two squirts of mustard. My butler, Stanley, knows exactly how I like my sandwiches.

Ring Ring

I quickly swallowed my sandwich and answered the phone.

"Mr. Frost," It was my assistant, Jillian. "Rapunzel on line 2."

"Thank you, Jillian." I pressed a button that would transfer me to line 2. "Hey, Punz."

"Hey, Jack!" Punz said excitedly. She's one of the biggest names in the fashion industry, which makes us the perfect couple. "I have something really important to tell you—"

"Are you able to tell me know? I'm really busy." I lied.

"It's something I'd like to tell you face-to-face. Could we meet for coffee around noon?"

I checked my watch; it read 11:30.

"That's really short notice, but I'll be able to make it. Where should I meet you?"

"Um, I don't remember the name of it." She said. "But it's the coffee shop on the corner of 35th and 7th."

"I know exactly what you're talking about. I'll meet you there."

"Sounds great, love you!"

"Love—" Punz has already hung up the phone.

I grabbed my jacket and walked out the door of the office, closing and locking it on the way out.

"Jillian, I'll be back around one." She nodded and returned to typing her email.

I walked over to the elevator and pressed the down button. The elevator opened and I stepped inside.

'What could be so important that I have to leave work during the day?' I thought. 'Why couldn't she just tell me over the phone?'

Only time can tell.