Chapter Fifteen

Jack's Point of View
"Do you have everything packed?" I asked, walking down the stairs.

Elsa dragged her sleek grey suitcase down the stairs with no trouble. The two of us were heading to the premiere of my new film in Hollywood.

"Didn't miss a thing," She replied. Elsa stopped at the bottom of the stairs to fix her braid, which was somehow already messed up, and then continued walking in my direction.

"Keep everything in place while we're gone," I demanded of Stanley. He nodded in agreement.

"Have a nice weekend, Stanley," Elsa told him as we started to walk out the door.

The two of us headed towards the elevator and entered once it arrived. Our flight was in an hour and a half from now, but it's always better to get there earlier than later. And, with the closest airport being thirty minutes away, being early was our only option.

"Did you call a cab?" Elsa asked.

"Why wouldn't I?" The cheeriness in her eyes dropped. "Sorry—yes, I called a cab."

A yellow taxi pulled up to the side of the road. Elsa walked towards the trunk and I followed.

"I'll take that," She motioned towards my suitcase. "Go on and get in the car."

'Why is the hired help helping me?' I thought.

"Yes, thank you," I handed her my suitcase and hopped into the back seat.

The car had no distinct smell—just your typical NYC taxi. The entire interior was black, not fancy.

Elsa soon hopped into the seat next to me and the car was started.

"Where you guys off to?" The New Yorker asked.

"John F. Kennedy Airport," I replied.

"Heading out on a vacation or somethin'?"

"Something like that, I guess," Elsa added.

"More like a business trip," I corrected.

"Where do ya work?"

"Frost Film Studios—I own the company,"

"You're the Jackson Frost?" I nodded in agreement. "And that means you're Elsa Arens?" Elsa nodded as well. "Wow, I can't believe I'm in the same car as the best couple of the year!"

Elsa's cheeks turned bright red. This was normal for me—fame, attention, and love. I guess it wasn't normal for her.

The taxi pulled up to the side of JFK International.

I handed the driver a twenty but she refused. "I can't make you all pay, you're my favorite celebrity couple."

"Ma'am please—" Elsa tried.

"No, I insist," She demanded. "Enjoy your business trip."

Elsa shot the woman a smile and exited the car.