Chapter Sixteen

Elsa's Point of View
My black heels clicked as I walked towards the door that connected the bedroom and bathroom. Jack eyes widened as I opened the door.

My dress was a simple black. I, never having been to a Hollywood premiere before, wasn't sure how elegant or classic I was supposed to dress. The outfit hugged my waist and flared once it went lower. There was a slit in the chest, which went down just above my sternum. Luckily, it wasn't too revealing. I completed the outfit with a silver clutch and a pair of black ankle strapped heels.

My hair was pinned back into an updo with two strands hanging off. Tons of makeup was beat onto my face; not by choice however.

"Damn, Elsa," Jack shouted. "You look good."

My cheeks felt burning hot. "You don't look so bad yourself, Frost."

Jack wore navy blue dress pants with light brown dress shoes. He was rolling the sleeves of his perfectly ironed white shirt up to his elbows. I've always found this quite attractive—wait, what?

My heels clicked once more as I exited the bathroom and headed towards my phone on the opposite end of the room.

To: Elsa

From: Merida

Good luck tonight! It's going to be stressful but I'm sure you'll be a natural. :)

"Are you ready?" I looked up from my phone to reply.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I sighed as the two of us headed towards the door. Jack pressed the button for the ground floor in the elevator and we traveled down. We reached the bottom floor and entered the limousine that awaited at the entrance of the hotel.

"Wow," I awed. "I've never been in one of these before."

"There's going to be paparazzi at every square inch of the place," Jack informed. "You'll need to put on one hell of an act tonight."

The entire car ride was filled with silence until I finally broke it: "Can we just forget everything I said last night?"

"Forget what?" Jack smirked, indicating he wouldn't say a peep.

The limousine pulled up to the TCL Chinese Theatre which was overcome with paparazzi and their flashing cameras. Jack exited the vehicle and I followed, stepping onto the red carpet.

I flashed my pearly white teeth towards the flashing cameras as they all shouted my name. "Elsa! Elsa! Elsa!" As self-centered as it sounded, Jack's name wasn't as called as mine.

It was so noisy on the carpet that I couldn't even hear the clicking of my heels as we strolled towards the entrance of the theatre.

"Can we get a kiss from Jelsa?" A random press-person asked. I leaned into Jack's cheek and gave him a quick peck, barely leaving any lipstick. "No, a real kiss!"

I raised my eyebrows and locked eye contact with Jack. We both leaned in and I felt his soft, delicate lips on mine. The cameras flashed and we pulled apart. Jack ran his thumb across his bottom lip and flashed a smirk towards the camera with his arm hugging my waist. While the kiss was only a quick peck, the press ate it up.

Jack and I continued to walk down the carpet without any interruptions. That is, until we came upon a woman Jack had known prior to the premiere.

"Kimberly," We stopped. "You've traveled far."

"As have you," She responded and turned to face me. "I haven't quite figured out what drew you to him. When we had our first and only da—"