Chapter Eleven

Jack's Point of View
'Dwight, you ignorant slut!' My eyes fluttered open and I saw a room of complete darkness.

"Who said that?" I asked as I got out of bed.

'Don't do anything rash,' I heard again.

I opened the door to see a blue light coming from the first floor of the penthouse. When I got down the stairs, I saw Elsa, who was still in her pajamas, watching television. Her typical braid was quite messy, meaning she was tossing and turning while trying to get to sleep.

"Couldn't sleep?" I asked, walking over to the couch she was sitting on.

"Not really," She replied, grabbing the remote. "Did my show wake you?"

"Yes." I rubbed my eyes. "What time is it?"

"3 am." She replied. "I couldn't sleep." Elsa was wearing a sky blue tank top and grey shorts, which I didn't expect anything more.

"Are you going to, like, put on a shirt at all?" She asked, disgusted.

"I kind of forgot about that," I won a laugh from her. "So, what's your story?"

"My story?" Nervously, she covered herself in a red blanket. Elsa moved her eyes away from me and onto a random object in the room. "Um--"

"You don't have to tell me," I replied.

"No-- no," She insisted. "I'm just thinking where to start."

Elsa took a deep breath and uncovered herself from the scarlet-colored blanket. She fixed her hair and looked deep into my eyes. I had never realized how icy-blue her eyes were until this very moment.

"I was in-and-out of foster homes ever since I was little. My parents gave me up when I was really little." Her always-happy expression suddenly dropped. "I found the right home in Philadelphia and I lived there until I went to UCLA. There's not much else to me."

The room was quiet for a little while. 'Foster homes?' I thought. A darkness filled the room, with the exception of The Office paused on the television.

"And what's your story, Frost?"

"It's not much, probably just as boring as yours," I added. "I was born into the richest family in Pennsylvania, and that's how I became a billionaire at 24."

"I wouldn't necessarily call that boring. You're loaded!" Elsa defended. "And I'm waitress-ing in Cali. just to make ends meet."

"Did you have a boyfriend back in LA? You know, before you came here."

It's not like I actually had feelings for this girl, I was generally curious. Did she break up with a guy to 'date' me? I mean, what girl wouldn't do that.

"I did for a little bit, but things went South after eight months," She sighed and moved her braid from her right shoulder to her left. "Hans and I actually met at UCLA together. He ended up cheating on me and then begged me to take him back. It was embarrassing how much he begged."

The two of us shared a laugh. Elsa took the biggest yawn I had ever seen. Her eyes fluttered shut and her head fell onto her shoulder. Soon, my eyes shut as well and I fell into complete darkness.

***

A/N: Honestly, I knew this chapter was going to be short but I was super excited to write it.

Sorry about the slow update. I, truly, tried my hardest to get it out ASAP.

-R