Chapter Nineteen

Jack's Point of View
"Mr. Frost," Jillian entered my office. "Phone call on line one—the man says it's 'urgent'." I nodded and pressed line one on the boring office telephone.

"Frost Films, this is Mr. Frost," I answered.

"I know your secret." The unknown man informed.

"Who is this?"

"Not important," He insisted. "Meet me at the South entrance of the Riverside Park. I have a negotiation to make about you and Elsa."

And, suddenly, the phone went silent.

"Hello?" There was no response. "Hello?" I quickly hung up the phone and thousands of thoughts ran through my head.

What could this man possibly want?

Is Elsa okay?

What does this man know?

I stood up from the chair that faced the skyline of NYC, grabbed my grey suit jacket and car keys, and made my way to Jillian's desk.

"I'm going on a business lunch," It was 3 pm, so this was a horrible lie. "I'll be back soon." Jillian nodded and I walked calmly towards the elevator. The scary thing was that I didn't know when or if I'd be back.

I pressed the silver ground floor button in the elevator. I frantically checked my phone to see if Elsa was okay; however there was no text.

---

To: Stanley

From: Jack

Is Elsa at home? Is she okay?

---

The elevator reached the ground floor and I quickly traveled to my car sitting in the parking garage. My phone buzzed as I started the engine.

---

To: Jack

From: Stanley

No, she's out for a jog. I can text you when she gets back. Call me if you need anything.

---

Luckily, there was barely any traffic on the way to the park. It was still, however, a thirty minute drive, with it being across the city from the film studio. I pulled into the East parking lot of the Riverside Park. My eyes scanned the entire lot looking for a strange and eerie man as I exited the car. An icy cold hand wrapped around my wrist and my head swung back.

"Hello, Jackson." He smirked.

"Pitch." I yanked my hand back. "What do you want from me?"

"I want my revenge," Pitch exclaimed. "You ruined my entire life."

Pitch and I were roommates at the University of Pennsylvania. We didn't get along well. In fact, we hated each other.

"You had sex with my girlfriend!" He shouted once more.

"And that gives you no right to harass my girlfriend and I?" My sly remark only angered him more.

"You knew damn-well that I was going to propose to her." Pitch smirked and leaned up against my car. Groups of people ran by, but no one seemed to notice us. My heart was beating as fast as their feet hit the ground. "I want you to do something for me and then, I'll stop."

A silence fell. "What do you want from me?"

Pitch's smirk morphed into an evil grin. "I know Elsa isn't your girlfriend."