Chapter 2

It seems like I've been walking for hours on end. I wonder what everyone back in Arkham is doing. I wonder if anyone misses me. Ivy must miss me for sure. I bet she's trying to clear my name as we speak. Ivy is my best friend in the entire world. She's always told me that the world was going to go to hell one day. She'd be so interested to see all of this. I also wonder what my friends from the roller derby are doing. I wonder if they miss me. I continue to walk the streets looking for any kind of sign that could give me an idea as to where I am. I wander into some mom and pop grocery store and look up and down the aisle, good no creeps. All the shelves are stripped. All I can find are a couple cans of tuna and sardines. "Ew, I hate fish." I say scrunching my nose. I can't help to smile though because it reminds me of the time that mistah J made Joker fish. And he- well. It doesn't really matter now, because that's all the past. He's the past.

I manage to find a few stale protein bars but hey, it'll do. Don't have much options in a world like this. I go around the building and sit down on the curb. "Face it Harls, this stinks. Fighting zombies is only fun for a while. I miss Arkham, and Gotham. I miss creating chaos. Heck, I even miss the asylum too." I kick at a small rock at my feet. Suddenly I hear voices. No- Not zombie groaning. REAL HUMAN VOICES. I jump to my feet and follow where I think they are coming from. I am cautious and watch from behind a trash bin. I see a group of men. One with some creepy pervert stache, and one with a leather jacket. He's holding a baseball bat wrapped with something. I can't exactly see what it is is from here. I see a few other men too. "Hm... seems too dangerous Harley." I warn myself. "But I love danger." Hm... I contemplate for a few minutes. I turn to leave when CRASHK. I run right into a stray metal trash can. I watch as the men become silent and turn my way. Shit. "Who's there." Pervy Stache man calls. Come on Harley you gotta think of something. I close my eyes for a brief second and I try to stay quiet but finally just say screw it and come out. I walk as seductively as I can. "Hi boys." I smile.
"What the fuck..." a man whispers. The man with a bat comes forward.
"You just come out of a fucking hot topic or something." He says with a toothy grin.

"A what?"

"Nothing. Just a small joke."

"Jokes! I love jokes!"

"So where are you headed doll?" The man with the weird mustache asks.

"The name's not doll Creep." I say sticking my tongue out.

"How rude of me not to introduce myself. The name's Harley Quinn. Pleasure ta meetcha." 

"Harley Quinn. That's cute. Reminds of Harlequin-"

"Yeah Yeah I've heard it all before."

"Well I'm Negan, and this man here is Simon. And the rest of the men here, well they aren't important. So... are you alone?"

"Yeah. I just got here. Speaking of, do you mind telling me where I am?"

"Virginia. Right outside Washington DC."

"Washington DC? Oh I'm banned from there after my ex boyfriend and I tried to kidnap the president and- well- that's a long story hehe."

"Kidnap the president? Negan she's either insane or delusional."

"I'm both actually." I smile proudly. Swinging my bat around my shoulder. "Well this was fun boys, but if you're of no use to me I should be on my way."

"We have a sanctuary." Simon blurts out. "We can take you there, I mean- of course- If you agree Negan."

"Well shit Simon, I didn't know you were the recruiter now. I also didn't know you were the one making decisions here." He smiles but you can tell there's pure sourness in everyone of his words.

"Mmmm no thanks. I was always taught not to go with strangers." I smile turning my back.

"Grab her." Negan says to his irrelevant posse. Two large men step from behind him and come towards me.

"Hey watch those hands!" I say as they get closer and closer to me. "I don't want ta hurt ya. But if ya get any closer I might have to. And trust me it'll be quite the blast for me."

"Just get in the car princess." One of the men say.

"Yeah right. I may be nuts, but I'm not stupid." I say as one of the men lunge at me. I dodge him by going left at the last second. He falls to the ground as I smash his head in with my bat. I don't kill the guy. Just knock em out. Well... He may have some internal bleeding, but eh. All for the cause right?
"You fight like my grandma, and she's dead." I laugh. "Who's next." I taunt as the dark man with the bat just watches in awe.