Chapter 6

Cause we're on easy street
And it feels so sweet
Cause the world is bout a treat
When you're on easy street
"And we're bringing out the good champagne" I sing for the 100,000th time in a row.
Oh- there you are! Yeah you! The one reading this! I think I've finally learned all the lyrics to the song by now. Hm... so let's see. What did you miss while you were gone?
Oh yeah!
I was forced into the back of a van, which seemed super unnecessary because we were within walking distance of "the sanctuary" I tried to escape and took out two guys with my bare hands. Negan wasn't a fan of that so he ordered his goons to lock me up in this dark cell room and generously allowed me to listen to what must be one of the catchiest songs I've ever heard on repeat for... four days? No. No. Nine days? I've lost count by now. They also gave me a bed sheet since it gets cold down here at night and I don't have the most appropriate outfit for the occasion. Naturally, I took the sheet and hung it from the ceiling making a sort of canopy out of it. It reminds me of the silks I had at the looney bin to hang off of. I don't get to see much of anyone so it gets pretty lonely. But it's okay because I play Ispy with the voices in my head.

"I spy with my little eye something grey." I say in a sing songy tone.
"The wall"
"How do you do it!" I say to the voice in my head surprised. It always knows the answer!

So now I'm just layin' here, singing along to the song. The door starts to open. "Probably dinner" I think to myself. But to my surprise it's Negan.
"Oh, Negan!" He let's out a sigh but doesn't say anything. "Hey. You're not still mad about me stealing your things and killin' your guys are ya?" I ask sitting up on my sheet, legs dangling.
He chuckles sinisterly and he admires the way I've hung my sheet.
"I've missed you." He smirks placing his hand on the door frame. "Why don't you come on down from there?" He suggests. I come down from the sheet and sit myself on the floor. He eyes me from head to toe before clearing his throat.
"You know I can't let you go." He says taking a step into the dim room. "So, Do I kill you? Tell me...." he continues trailing off.
"Now why would ya want to do something like that?" I ask smirking.
"Well you did do a lot of bad things my dear." He towers over me holding his bat.
"You think I'm scared of ya?" I ask boldly
"I don't know... are you?"
I begin to laugh. "You think you're scary?"
He begins to chuckle darkly. "Darlin' I know I am." I begin to burst into laughter as he gives an offended look. He yanks me up by my shirt which only makes me laugh more.
" That's so cute, You think YOU'RE scary. Mistah, I've seen scary, and you ain't got his smile." He looks at me sternly processing what I have just said.
"Aren't you just fucking adorable." He mocks turning to exit.
"Leaving so soon?" I ask pouting and walking towards him.
"What, you think I'm gonna fucking stay and talk to you all fucking day long?"
"I'm bored, play with me." I whisper in his ear looking up at him through my eyelashes blinking seductively a couple times. He smirks and lets out an audible groan.
"Well what kind of games do you like to play doll?" He asks as I eye the open door behind him. "You better not be thinking of running because I will shut that shit down REAL QUICK." He warns seeing where my eyes are looking. Shit. "Harley, I've been thinking. Maybe you should be my wife."
"Excuse me?" I ask making sure I heard him right.
"I think. You should be. One of my wives."
"Yeah that's what I thought you said."
"So you will?"
"Well at least buy me dinner first sheesh. And wait a second- wives- as in- plural?"
"Yeah you could be lucky enough to be one of my wives." I start bursting out in laughter. I laugh so hard my gut hurts. I mean do ya hear this! He must be crazier than I am!
"Why do ya need more than one "wife"?" I ask
"Because the more the better."
"Seems to me like you use these "wives" as a way to fill an empty void and avoid being lonely. And I assume you named your bat, what was is? Lucille? She must've been someone important to ya. Girlfriend? Wife? Did ya lose her? Is that why ya named your bat that. Are ya trying to fill the hole in your heart with women that ya can just use to screw your brains out and try to forget and mask the true pain you're feeling without this "Lucille" in your life." The inner Harleen asks trying to get into the mind of the man who is "Negan"
"What the fuck is this fifty questions!" He asks growing agitated. "And how did you know anything about-"
"I told ya I was a psychiatrist silly. I'm great at things like this!"
"You're smarter than you look." He states dumbfounded.
"I'm crazy, not stupid, jackass."
"So is that a no for the wife thing?" He asks
Slap.
Before I can even think of what I was doing my hand met the left side of his stubbled cheek.
"I will not be made into a personal sex toy that is used or disposed of at your convenience." I huff. I look at him expecting to see anger and rage.
"I'm 50% more into you now because of that." He states. What a pig. "And don't worry doll you'll come around. I see the way you look at me. I know you can't resist."
"Yeah, Yeah." I roll my eyes.
"I'm not gonna lie sweetheart, you scare the SHIT out of me... I love that." He smirks