Chapter 3

"Who's next." I taunt as the dark haired man with the bat just watches in awe.

Another large man approaches me nervously. He is extremely freakishly big and tall. He looks like a giant. "Which beanstalk did you fall from?" I ask swinging my bat and hitting him in the kneecap. The man falls with a flump sound as he hits the ground. He rolls on his back and grabs my foot. I use my other foot and kick him in the mouth. I do a flip over the man who is curled up on the ground. "Was that supposed to be challenging?" I ask.

"Who ARE you?" The man asks gawking at me, what's his name, Negan?

"I told ya, Harley Quinn silly."

"What were you before all this? some fucking assassin!"

"Actually no. I was a psychiatrist." A whisper of laughter erupts.

"What's so funny about that?" I ask glaring at the men.

"That's a good one. But seriously what did you do."

"No seriously, are ya hearin' impaired. I was a psychiatrist!" I repeat as the men look at me scratchin' their heads.

"You mean to fucking tell me, you weren't an escapee from an asylum, you fucking worked for one?" Negan stares at me waiting for me to say it was some joke or something.

"Well... actually. I was both. It's a long story, actually series worth of stories. Of course it may sound crazy to ya, but it all makes sense."

"Mhm." Negan says scratching his head.

"Gather round boys it's story time!" I announce throwing my hands in the air. One by one they gather around me. Man I love being the center of attention, even in an apocalyptic world.

"It all started when I got hired at Arkham Asylum. I was the best psychiatrist there. That's when I found my puddin'" I say clasping my hands together and bringing them to the side of my face. "He was a real jokester. Everyone saw him as a monster. But I saw right through it all. He was a troubled man terrorized by the town's hero. He was DRIVEN to his psychopathic ways. Or so I thought. I eventually helped him escape the loony bin. We were unstoppable, partners in crime! Until recently when he abandoned me. I was eventually captured. I was outlawed from the city. Deemed "too dangerous to continue livin' there" (what a load of garbage) And before I knew it, I'm walking these streets here. Well, obviously a lot has happened between then and now but, too much to go into. The end!" I smile as everyone's jaw is dropped.

"You really are abso-fucking-lutely psychotic." Negan says laughing.

"Hey, what can I say. I put the "hot" in Psyc'hot'ic." I laugh.

"You sure do." He says laughing.

"Well it was fun boys but I really gotta run before that heard of dead people eats ya all." I say pointing behind them. They turn to look for the imaginary hoard. I lied through my teeth but took the opportunity to get the heck outta there.

"Who is that girl!" One of the men say.

"My next wife." Negan laughs. "Get her." He demands

"They seemed nice." I think to myself weaving in and out of the forest. I climb a tree as I watch them run past me. "Dummies." I laugh to myself. I watch from the tree as they all get into their cars and leave. I climb down and begin to follow them.

I know what you're thinking. "Harley, if you are following them why didn't you just get in the car with them to begin with?"

And I would say to you.

"Didn't your guardians ever teach you NOT to get into cars with strangers. I mean come on I'm not even that crazy. Also I barely even know these fools. ALSO who knows maybe I can sneak in, grab some of their supplies, and skedattle out of there before they see me."

I follow them for what feels like hours almost losing them a few times. I put my hand against a tree trying to catch my breath. I stand in front of what looks like a warn down warehouse. Or slaughterhouse, who knows what they do to people in there. I walk around the perimeter and start cookin' up a plan.

"Think rationally about this Harley." My inner Harleen voice says. "You don't have much of a weapon, you don't know how many people are in there, and you don't know your way around the place." She explains.
"I'm going in there tonight." I speak out loud disregarding anything she has to say. I can hear her sighing in the back of my head. But I don't care. It's dusk now. Perfect time to move in. I see a space under the fence that is just big enough for me to crawl under and get through. These idiots don't know what's coming to them. I wait a few more hours before making my move. I crawl under the fence and see a separate building. It looks like a shed. I approach it and try the door. Shit. Locked. I see a large rock on the ground and use it to smash the lock off the door, trying not to be too loud. The lock finally gives in as I open the door.

"Yahtzee." I cheer walking into the room and shutting the door behind me. It's too dark to see much but I remember I had a lighter in my back pocket I found at the store earlier. I use the light to look around. It's pretty empty except for a few chests. Again locked. I grab that rock again and hammer away at the locks. If it's this secure it MUST be something good. crink. The lock breaks as I open the box. "BINGO!" I yell covering my mouth not wanting to draw attention. Guns, knives, this must be their extra stash. "It's like Christmas morning." I smile loading up on their supplies. "HEY WHO'S IN THERE!" I freeze hearing the voice of a man. I quickly blew out the lighter and turned around. "Shit." I murmur knowing I only have seconds to think before they come in here.