Chapter 4

"HEY WHO'S IN THERE!" I freeze hearing the voice of a man. Think quick Harls. I pick up a pistol with a silencer on it and climb on top of two large crates right behind the door. "Come on out!" They call as I see a flashlight beam into the room. The light dances around every corner as a man walks in. Pop. Pop. I shoot twice in a panic as the man falls on his knees to the floor dying instantly. "Headshot!" I scream and then cover my mouth. I see a few more lights flickering in the far distance and a couple more men coming towards this way. Shit. Shit. Shit. I take a black duffel bag I filled with guns and strip off my clothing shoving it all in the bag. I then take the body of this man and put his clothes on. He was a bigger guy so the clothes are loose but the duffel bag under the shirt makes me appear bigger. "Harley this better work." I murmur to myself picking up the flashlight. I exit the shed and shut the door behind me as the men stop in their tracks about 15 feet out.
"Anything in there Jack?" They ask towards my direction.
There is an awkward silence. Are they talking to me?
"Jack?" They call again.
"All clear." I say in my deepest manliest voice. They shrug it off and walk back to their outpost stations. Phew. I wipe my forehead and slide back under the fence. I run a few feet before falling over and exploding into laughter. They believed it. My laughter attracts a couple of those zombie monsters but I take them down with ease. I wait in a tree until morning, I'm not missin' the look on their faces when they realize they got robbed. I doze in and out before I am awoken by the light seeping through the leaves on the tree. I roll over nearly falling out of the tree. Clumsy me. I look towards the large building and see men walking towards the shed. "Just in time." I smirk happy I didn't sleep in and miss this. I'm far away enough to not be easily spotted but close enough to hear some dialogue. Out walks the man with the bat, Negan. He whistles as everyone around him kneels. What is he some kind of God? They gather around the shed all of them scratchin' their heads wondering what went wrong. They pull out the body of that fella I shot last night. He's in nothing but his boxers, just how I left him. Negan is screaming at this point, face red and I can see his veins poppin' outta his forehead from here. They all sit on their knees as Negan uses his wired bat to tap each one of them on the head. He stops in front of one guy.
Bam. Bam. BAM.
He bludgeons his skull in. Blood and brains splatter across the grass. Gasps erupt from the crowd but Negan is all smiles.
This guys a certified psychopath, just my type. I smirk biting my lip. Again and again mercilessly he pounds away at the guys head. Jokes on them. I laugh, this is too good. I feel a ping of guilt but just for a split second. It is their own fault for not guarding like they shoulda been. Consider it a wake up call. After everyone dispersed, I climbed down from the tree and changed out of that guys clothing. I grab the duffel bag and am debating on where I should go from here. Maybe I should try to get to know this Negan guy. Maybe he and I would make good partners, better partners than Mistah J and I ever did. Maybe we'd be more successful too. Don't get me wrong Mistah J was a very powerful man, but I feel he started losing his touch after a while. He became so consumed with B-man he didn't care for anything else. But then again what do I care. It's not like I'm ever gonna see him again, right? I mean sure this Negan man is handsome, and crazy. Just my type. Sure, he's not bleached with green hair but maybe it's time I try something new for once, something... refreshing. But how can I get this guys attention without him gunning me down? Eh. I'll worry about that later I guess. For now I just need to keep moving and find a place of my own where I can stay, preferably with a roof. I finish retying my hair into ponytails and throw the bag onto my back. I pick up my bat and make it about five minutes until I hear a noise coming from behind me. I turn myself around just in time to see one of those dead freaks trying to take a bite out of me. "I am so sick of you jerks trying to eat me all the time!" I scream out in frustration. I beat it repeatedly  with my bat. Over and over until the groans subdue. I blow a piece of stray hair out of my face and let out a humph of success and frustration. I once again am about to continue my travels when I hear noise again. "Not another one" I whine. I stand still for a moment and wait for it, but nothing shows. I shrug it off and begin to walk when mid-step  I hear a familiar voice behind me "going somewhere?" They ask as I freeze closing my eyes. Maybe if I stay still long enough, they won't see me.