two

"peter it is 1 am you know your curfew is 11 by orders of your aunt may, now where on earth have you been?!" steve rogers scolded as peter parker walked out of the elevator and to the living room of the avengers tower. peter pulled off the sweaty mask and held it between his fingers.

"steve chill, i was just out on patrol. it's all good!" peter said exasperated, throwing his arms to his sides. steve turned him around to face him by grabbing his shoulder, peter immediately looked away from steve's eyes.

"peter, i know you and freeze ray have been talking, is he any closer to joining us here at the tower?"

"no, steve i'm sorry."

steve sighed and rolled his eyes pushing peter parker towards the kitchen where a plate of dinner, courtesy of wanda maximoff, sat cold waiting for him. peter was ready to collapse in his bed seeing that it was 1:24 am and he had been out swinging the streets of new york all night long. peter put the dish in the microwave and left to go to his room to get changed. he went into the restroom and peeled off the sweat drenched suit and switched it out for a muscle tank top and basketball shorts, making it back in time to the kitchen as the microwave beeped out breaking the silence of the building.

'its only been three weeks since i got here'

peter thought to himself as he sat down at the island with the spaghetti. he began to eat, looking around and taking in each and every detail that he may have missed, like the pictures on the fridge that always seemed to be different, there were some memes, some family members and a picture of all the avengers together, tony, natasha, clint, bruce, steve, wanda, sam, strange, vision, thor and even loki was in the picture smiling brightly as his arms were around the backs of natasha and his brother. peter drooled over how family-like the picture was, they were a group that no one could tear apart. footsteps approached the kitchen and peter spun around to see an exhausted looking wanda in her pajamas.

"hey peter." she greeted as she sat down at the island a few seat away from him, peter swallowed a bite of spaghetti before replying back to her.

"hey, wanda, why are you up so late?" peter asked as he took another bite.

"i cant stop thinking, im a bit stressed. why are you up so late you weren't home in time for dinner."

"patrol, i spent out later than i expected to so steve dragged me back."

"it's a dangerous world out there peter parker, you should really be more careful."

"i know, tony stark would say the same thing."

"i worry about you. you're so young, i mean if something were to happen to you at such a young age-"

"wanda i'm fine, really i'm super careful when i'm on patrol. if i sense danger in a place that could get me seriously injured i wouldn't do it."

"i speak from experience, losing a human life is painful, and that's the price you pay when you're an avenger. sometimes you have to pay with your own life, and that's the sacrifices we have to make."

wanda pulled a picture off the fridge of her and another young man with curly blonde hair and icy grey pools of eyes. she handed the picture to peter.

"that boy is my twin brother. he died last year while saving countless lives. i think about him every day. he meant the world to me, and i never got to tell him goodbye." she explained nearly emotionless.

"i'm so sorry about your brother."

"he was charming, and stubborn, but i relied on him for so much."

"i bet he was amazing, he died with honor, wanda."

"that he did. so please be careful, eat up and get some sleep."

"i will, goodnight."

"goodnight peter."