fourteen

a few weeks later

"so i'll see you at seven?" peter smiled through his phone.

"yes of course babe, we planned this for weeks." oliver replied, rolling his eyes even though peter couldn't see.

"okay! sorry! i just want to know that were on the same page!"

"and we are darling, i promise."

"okay. okay. yeah! i'll see you later. okay. i love you. okay. bye!"

peter wouldn't lie he was letting his anxiety get the best of him. he and oliver never had an official date together just to be together. not as freeze or spiderman but as oliver and peter. over the time of them knowing each other it was almost always in suit or on mission; taking little breaks just to be together...or sometimes cuddling at olivers apartment watching a movie. but this! they were going out to central park for a dinner date and peter couldn't be more ecstatic.

it was early hours of the morning and peter parker was up and ready to begin the day, he had work out training with steve and a consultation with bruce and some other doctor. peter put on a pair of basketball shorts and a t-shirt and was out in the kitchen within ten minutes of waking up. he swiped an orange out of the fruit bowl and broke it open, sitting at the counter to eat it while swiping through his instagram. in his trance on his phone, he hadn't heard natasha walk in, and was pulled out from his hands hitting the counter in front of him. peter jumped and almost dropped his phone onto the granite countertop.

"good to see you up and running again!" nat said as she opened the fridge.

"jesus nat, you nearly gave me a heart attack!" he breathed.

"sorry! it just happens!"

"yeah, i guess especially when you're an assassin and can sneak around like a cat."

"spider, actually."

"tomato, tomahto."

"any plans for the day?"

"i do! in fact, have plans for the day with my boyfriend oliver! in the central park."

"oh how fun! you'll have to tell me all about it when you get home...if you get home tonight." she shot him a look, wiggling her eyebrows up and down to pester him.

"no! no! none of that! im not comfortable with that, nat, nah, nope, not me! not this guy, i am not-no." peter defensively panicked, shaking his head profusely.

"whatever you say, love machine."

peter rolled his eyes and left the kitchen, going back to his room to get a pair of shoes for his workout with rogers. he was too excited for his date to think about how much pain he would be in after weights, and frankly, he didn't care.

———

as the time rolled around to 6pm and peter had finished all his responsibilities for the day, he was showering off to get ready. peter was far too enthralled with his rendition of beyonce's halo to let his dysphoria cloud his thoughts too much. over the last few months, his voice had a significant change now settling at a tenor-esque level and he was scheduled for top surgery in the coming week, which he was more than excited about.

the only thing that worried peter about his date tonight was that he hadn't told oliver yet, and while it was nerve wracking at the least, he didn't think oliver would care too much anyways. as he dried himself off and began to change, he debated on bringing his spidey suit with him. something bad brewed in the back of his mind and as he was packing his small backpack to go with him, he neatly folded the suit and shoved it in as well. He was caught by tony on his way out the door who stopped him promptly and went entirely into a dad mode that peter had never seen.

"ugh look at your shirt and all those wrinkles, let me fix your collar, please! good lord, you'd think raising a man would be easier but no!" tony huffed sarcastically, fixing a few things here and there emitting an annoyance from peter.

"mister stark, i gotta go!" peter whined as tony finished.

"voila! go have fun. but not too much fun. and no drinking, maybe a little pot smoking but don't tell me when you get home."

"when did you become a whole dad?"

"ah! are you complaining?"

"no?"

"then go!"

"bye mister stark!"

peter began on his way to the train station, he was behind schedule slightly which meant that oliver would be sitting on the picnic blanket alone for just a few minutes. the subway ride was smooth, well, about as smooth as a subway could be and he arrived two minutes late, practically sprinting up to oliver when he arrived, nearly knocking over quite a few pissed off new yorkers. the hispanic boy smiled and stood up, engulfing his boyfriend in a tight hug, pecking a kiss on his forehead to which peter returned. the boys sat down under the tree and opened the backpack that oliver had packed for them.

"i couldn't make much but i assumed peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwiches would do just fine?" oliver explained, pulling plates, cups, a large water bottle filled with apple juice and various other snacks to keep them occupied. peter nodded enthusiastically, piling chips, a peanut butter marshmallow and gold fish onto his plate. The sun had started setting in new york, the buildings surrounding central park turning to a dim pink and yellow.

"i'm really glad we have this downtime to be with each other and not in a work related setting so to speak." peter stated through his sandwich.

"same here, it's been nice that new york's been only in the trouble that the coppers can handle, it makes less work for us and more time for things like this." oliver agreed with a smile. the two were sat in a comfortable silence, watching the different people in central park, the streetlamps turning on as the sky continued to dark and the way their hands were just barely touching, oliver's pinky overtop of peter's, and the way they made small jokes here and there to each other, emitting a soft laugh from the other boy. small points would occur where all either of them could do was to look at each other, taking in everything and anything they could.

they finished eating, packed their leftover items up and began on a walk through the park, hands intertwined together, the sound of the city working into the peace that they experienced. by the time rolled around to 8:30, the moon was well in the sky and the boys had found a small spot in strawberry fields, resting under a tall tree and soaking in the joy of the moment. peter was leaning against the tree, eyes closed and his lips gently curled upwards. oliver couldn't take his eyes off peter, he was so perfect in every way and he had oliver under some stupid lovesick spell. he leaned over and pressed his lips against peter's cheek, a gentle smile forming on peter's face. he opened his eyes and cupped his hand on the side of ollie's face and placed a gentle kiss on his lips, the boys were entrapped in each other, the joy of the moment overtaking them that they hadn't noticed the park ranger shining a flashlight at the two of them.

i told you i'd update. i see ALL your guy's comments and i'm like stuck on this but idk i'll see<3