Late Nights

Lucy stared blankly up at her ceiling her thoughts wrapped in the events from only a few short hours ago.

5 hours ago

Natsu was still typing away on his computer while a angrily nodding off Lucy sat in a corner glaring at him despite her sleepiness.

"Don't sleep on an empty stomach kid" Natsu tossed the girl a pack of crackers upon hearing a soft growl emitting from her stomach.

Even though her head was down and her eyes were closed Lucy caught the pack with ease.
She yawned and looked up at him angry sleepy brown eyes.

"For your information I would could have been eating desert by now if it weren't for you so why not just let me go home"

Natsu chuckled softly and shook his head turning his gaze away from the computer and on to her giving her a small devilish smirk.

"Desert huh? What kind?"

Lucy growled at him all did was was make a woof sound.
Lucy looked at him before turning off to the side.
"Double chocolate chip cookies with a white chocolate center"

Natsu licked his lips and smiled.

"So you like sweets then that's surprising for such a sour apple like you"

Lucy gave a confident smirk.
"Ironically I enjoy they taste of fresh green apples that's the only sour thing I'll eat but yes I do enjoy sweets, what about you?"
She confirmed and he just returned a cocky smirk in turn of her confident one.

"I prefer spicy over sweet maybe it's why I like ya"
Lucy blushed a little and almost failed to hide it, Natsu sat back and looked at his screen and looked at her.

"Come here for a sec luce"
Lucy was a little cautious and curious and got up anyway walking over to him and behind his desk with him.

She sat on his desk and shrugged her shoulders and looked at him waiting.
"What do you want?"

He slapped her thigh softly and laughed when she glared at him.
"I told you I was gonna bring back your happiness and never let you go"

He leaned forward and grabbed both her hand in his and she just looked at him.
Her feature softened as she just looked at their hands.

"Yeah and what about it?"
He stood up from his chair so he was now towering over her, she peered up at him and saw he had a serious look on his face.

"I meant what I said and I said a date would make it official so this Saturday night I'm taking you to the fiore candy factory"

He cupped her cheek and leaned forward brushing his lips softly against hers.

"You sure don't waste time"
She whispered softly..

"I've got no choice I want to see you smile"

Lucy only squeezed his hand as a response.

"My goal is to make you happy and I won't stop until you do even then I'll keep wanting to see you smile so get used to it you're stuck with me"

Lucy nodded and closed the gap between them both of them holding on to each other as if they'd be pulled apart.

In need of breath they both pulled apart.

"Guess I've got no choice either then"

Current time

"I'm stuck with him"

Lucy closed her eyes and touched her lips softly
And whispered her words

"Will you be there for me"