i'm not letting you get hurt

• LYDIA'S POV •

"So, Scott and Kira we'll be here in an hour." I say. I'm sitting on Stiles bed while Stiles is looking at his board, holding pins and markers in his hands.

Stiles was surprised when I asked him if we all could do some research together, because he thinks we wouldn't interfere in the supernatural world anymore. Everyone knows that that is not an option because we all kinda belong to the supernatural world. Except for Stiles, obviously.

Although I kinda have my doubts on that.

"I doubt we'll be able to find out much." I say.

"Don't lose your hope, Lyds." Stiles enthusiasm is extremely high today.

"You know, it's not going to be easy to close the portal." Stiles starts again. "There could be a lot of.. consequences."

"Yeah, I know." I say.

"When we find out how to close it.." he says but stops talking.

"What then?"

"I don't want you to die, Lydia."

"Stiles-"

"No!" He looks at me with concerning eyes. Almost scared.
"Lydia, you've always been getting yourself into danger. You've been the target so many times. And there were so many other times when you were the only one who was able to save us." His eyes never left mine.

"I think if there really is a solution to close the portal, it's likely that you will have to play a role in all of that too." He is right. There's a big chance that I will get involved again. But I don't really care.

"Stiles.. I.." It's not easy for me to talk about it.

But I'm talking to Stiles right? I trust Stiles.

"After all these monsters and creatures came to beacon hills, I lost control over my banshee power. I felt death all the time. I still do. Around me. In my sleep. Not that I was able to sleep after everything." My voice broke down. I feel tears erupting in my eyes. "I don't want anyone to die anymore, Stiles."

We look each other in the eyes, Stiles hand is suddenly touching my hand. This sudden move calms me again.

His hands then wander to my face, brushing my tears away.

"I don't want you to die, Lyds." He says slowly in a calm way.

"Because if you die, I will literally go out of my freaking mind."

I just nod slightly. "I know this hasn't been easy for you as well, Stiles." I say.

"As long as you're with me, I'll be okay." He smiles lightly. "I'm just wondering how we're supposed to find out anything? We have no informations, no hints, nothing." He says.

"I thought you were sure we'd find a way. And besides, Kira told me her parents own a lot of useful books that we can use." I say.

Stiles just looks at his board again. His eye rings are in a different shade of purple. When was the last time he slept? He doesn't look tired though, he looks more like as if he's lost. As if he just lives to exist, nothing else.

I wish I could help him somehow. It's hurting me too that he's not himself. Something inside him is making him suffer, making him fight against the demons that plague him. And he doesn't even seem to realize how much he changed.

I just hope that we'll find a way to close the portal, maybe it'll help Stiles too.

~~~~