Chapter 6

Savages

Lana

Marina's breathing steadies, telling me she has fallen asleep. I start to mess with her short black hair. The loose curls tangling in my fingers.

I look over her robed body. She has somehow kept a nice form throughout the years. She has kept it through the constant torment that Jack put her through. The only think that let her feel good. Just the thought of Jack putting a hand on her puts me over the edge.

I feel my fingers graze her cheek. Her skin is so soft. Moving her hair out of the way, I let myself study her features. The moonlight shining calmly on her face. Her black eye is slightly faded. The sad second realization that I was right about her having a black eye.

"What has he done to you, Marina." A tear falls onto her cheek. I gently wipe it away, along with the couple others falling down my face. She looks so young. She doesn't deserve any of the torture she has endured for however long she has.

Looking over her clothed body again, her large pink robe covering everything except her bare feet. Without waking Marina, I slowly untie her robe. Lifting up the overlapped layer, I am careful not to expose anything if she were to have only the robe on.

You may think this is creepy and total molester actions. I just want to know the extent of her injuries.

I realize that she is wearing a t-shirt and pajama shorts. That makes me feel better and less... well, yeah.

I use the flashlight in my phone. Shining it on her legs, I see her tan legs covered in ugly bruises of different colors. Different scenarios pop up in my head on how she would get these. I won't even go into detail.

Moving up, I lift her t-shirt up to below her breast. There is a large blue bruise on her ribs. I barely touch it, causing an involuntary response from sleeping Marina. I immediately pull back. It's recent. The anger continues to boil under my skin.

I pull her shirt and robe back over her body. The official news that Marina is abused, maybe in more ways that what is visible, is disturbing. And from that moment on, I vow to help Marina get away from Savages like Jack. Out of that unhealthly and violent relationship. If it is the last thing I do.

I lean my head against the car door. I let my fingers gently mess with the dark and soft hair that is Marina's. Marina slightly moans. I stop messing with her hair and move my head from the door. A small sound of want leaves her lips. I start to mess with her hair again, and another soft moan leaves her lips.

What are you dreaming about, Marina?

I close my eyes, wanting sleep to invade my mind. It's almost three am, and l'm not even tired.

Tiredness finally starts to enter my mind. My fingers rest in Marina's now tangled hair. She has curled up into my stomach at this point. She feels so peaceful. I can't help it, I have to see. Opening my eyes and looking down, I see Marina's wide eyes looking up at me. I literally jump out of my skin.

"Holy Fuck!" I say in my normal voice. That was the loudest I could go since I hade been sitting there in silence for almost two hours.

"I'm sorry! I just woke up..." I smile, the scare still haunting me though.

"It's fine. I just wasn't expecting you to be awake." She smiles her adorable smile. I feel my heart start to melt a tiny bit because of it. She lays back down on my lap. The back of her head on my upper thighs and crotch.

"What were you dreaming about?" I see her blush in the moonlight shining on her face. She covers her face with her hands and cowering in my lower stomach. I feel her warm breath through my shirt.

"Was it that kind of dream?" She nods her head. A playful smile makes its way to my face. Did she have an erotic dream with someone?

"Marina?" She looks back up at me. An embarrest smile on her face. Her cheeks are a flaming red and her lip is between her teeth. I can't help but lean over and kiss her forehead. I feel Marina slightly tense. She relaxes less than a second later.

I back away from her face a tiny bit. Our noses are almost touching. I see desire cross Marina's eyes for a split second. Then her eyes cloud with emotion. It looks like she is having conflicting thoughts. Her eyes look at my lips for a split second. That is all I need. I lean down the final inches to connect our lips. The sparks I felt when we first touched appear.

Marina places a gentle hand on my now flushed cheek. The kiss is sweet and loving. There is no need to make it more. I feel she is satisfied with a gentle kiss. And so am I.

We pull apart. Making eye contact, I feel my face full with more color again as I blush, and so does Marina.

"Wow..." Marina whispers into the comfortable silence of the car.

_________________________________________________________________________________
It's totally like 2am where I live right now (when I post this chapter)

I was bored and thought I should let you guys read more of this story I have worked so hard on!

Well, I hope you enjoyed! Remember, if you find any grammar errors air edits needed please feel free to comment!

Love you!

-R