Chapter 12

Seventeen

Lana

After dinner, Nathan insists that he does the dishes. He gives me a look to follow him. I look over at Marina, she nods towards him. I get up from my chair and walk through the doorway to the kitchen.

"So." He doesn't look up towards me from the sink. "I noticed a couple things tonight." My heart rate starts to speed up. Does he know of our affair?

"What would that be?" I totally sound guilty already.

"First, she had a black eye before you covered it with makeup. Why?" I lean against the counter. Crossing my arms to somehow soften the blow of these questions.

"She hasn't told me yet." That was technically true. I don't know how she received it. I only know she is in an abusive relationship.

He doesn't seem convinced.

"Fine. Another observation. You keep touching her and acting weird when I walk in on you two, like you are hiding something. Can that be explained?"

Fuck.

"Our friendship is still new, so there is still that awkwardness. But at the same time it feels like I have known her for ages, so friendly touches are there." He doesn't seem convinced with that answer either.

"Fine. I trust you, Lana. I have no reason not to. So don't betray that trust." The guilt card. Nice move.

I actually can think of a couple reasons not to trust me. First off, I don't love you. Second, I am having an affair with a girl I met only yesterday. Third, I haven't felt guilty about anything I have done to you in a while. I got used to it after a few years of trying to love you.

I walk out of the kitchen. I see Marina move away from the doorway. She was eavesdropping.

"Sorry.. I just realized I was alone. So the curiosity got the best of me." I smile a loving smile at her. She is so cute.

"Don't worry. I'll tell you about it later." She nods her head. She relaxes a bit after a second. Then the lack of privacy starts to get to me.

"Follow me." She does. I bring her to the sunroom in the back of the house. Closing the door, locking it, and pulling all the blinds, Marina places herself on a bench in the corner. Sitting next to her, our thighs touch. I feel her lean into me, laying her head down on my shoulder and playing with my fingers.

"Can I ask you a question?" She gives me a 'mhmm' in return.

"When did you lose your virginity? And to whom?" Marina stiffens for a second. Then it really hits me how personal that question can be.

"You don't have to answer. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable." She just shakes her head.

"It fine." She entangled her fingers in mine. "To Jack, the day I turned Seventeen. I wrote a song about it when I was twenty. The self produced version is on my laptop." I let myself feel impressed. Because that is impressive. Not everyone can produce a song. "Anyway. Since you asked me, I am able to ask you."

I have to think now. Nathan definantly wasn't my first. I hope he isn't under the impression that he was.

"Uh.. I was quite the free spirit when I was a teenager. I would experiment a little with my encounters. I lost it with a female senior when I was a sophomore." Marina cuddles further into me. I let myself tangle her hair in between my fingers. A small smile makes its way to my face.

"You were a wild child?" Marina looks up at me. We are in the same position as in the car the night, well morning, before. I look down at her and nod. Now she has that smile again. I gently lean down and kiss her forehead, just to get to her. I hear an almost inuadible whimper come out of her mouth. I sigh and roll my eyes. Gently kissing her where she wants. I don't make it like the kiss in the closet, even I found that a turn off. I could tell she was just going along with it.

Pulling away a couple seconds later, we hold the others hand. Leaning my back against the corner, Marina takes that as a chance to climb onto my lap. She leans in and starts the slow kiss once again. She is slowly grinding against me. Her hands are in my hair, mine are stableizing her on my hips.

"Lana? Marina? Are you two in there?" We freeze. We hear the door start to unlock. Marina tries to quickly get off me, but fails miserably. She lands on her butt. I stand up and reach my hand out. At the very moment she reaches for it, the door opens. I quickly help Marina up.

"Are you ok? Did you fall?" Marina nods. She grasps her elbow with her other hand.

"Anyway, why was the door locked and the blinds closed?" I just shrug.

"I don't know, I just closed the door behind me when we came in. I was showing Marina what we have done in here. It isn't the best it could be. But with a little work, it could be amazing again. Marina offered to help me with it since you are at work when I would like to do it." I feel very proud of myself for coming up with that. It also gives us the excuse to see each other more often.

"Oh, ok. I can buy the supplies and everything we don't already have." I nod. I slowly walk towards him. Passing him, I pat him on the shoulder and leave the room. Marina quickly follows behind me. I turn around and see Nathan shake his head as if trying to convince himself something. He closes the bathroom door behind him. That's when I turn towards Marina. Taking her small hands in mine, I quickly kiss her again.

"Let me get you a hotel room. I won't let you go back to Jack. Not tonight." Many different emotions cross her eyes. Then she nods. I then quickly head for the door, taking Marina with me. She suddenly stops.

"My robe..." I remember her clothes still in my closet. I run up the stairs to my bedroom. Grabbing the three articles of clothing, I bolt down the stairs. Grabbing Marina's hand again, we head for the door.

"Dropping Marina off! Be back soon!' Then I slam the door behind me. We enter my car and I head down the road. Once I am out of site from the house, I pull over. Looking over at a slightly distraught Marina, she turns her head towards me.

"Are you ok? You look a little distraught." She sinks into her chair after I ask.

"He almost caught us, twice. I just didn't like the edginess that we were experimenting with. And we barely know each other. Only how to really make out. It seems like that is all we do." A small smile breaks my frown. She is right. We have only know each other just over twenty four hours and we are all over each other like long time lovers.

"I agree. But first, I need to book you a hotel." I take out my phone and am reluctantly able to book her at a motel nearby. After about thirty minutes, Marina is laying in her underwear, under the sheets in the hotel bed, completely spread and and clearly exhausted, even though we have only been up for six hours. I crawl onto the bed with her. Laying my head on her chest, I feel myself wanting to doze off. But I have Nathan at home, who is probably going to bombard me with questions when I get home. So about thirty minutes later, I get up from the bed. Marina is already asleep. So I wrote her a small note before I head back home.

Sorry I had to leave. I will pick you up at around 11 am. Keep the clothes, you look better in them than I ever will.

-L
_________________________________________________________________________________
I can't believe I have 300 reads!! I think it was about a week ago I only had 200. It just blows my mind. Thank you so much!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, sorry if it didn't really make any sense.😂

Love you!
-R