Chapter 17

Off To The Races

Marina

I take in the scent that is Lana. I am buried into her naked chest. Cuddling so close we can feel everywhere. Lana's hands are on my head and back.

" I hate to bring this up, but we have to get your stuff from Jack's before he does something. We don't want him to destroy your Mac now would we." I hide away further into her. I know Jack won't touch or destroy my stuff unless I am there to see it. That was one way he got me to sleep with him.

"Marina? Are you ok?" I lift up my head and look at Lana. She has a sad expression on her face. She removes a hand from my body to wipe my tears away. "Don't worry,  we will get everything and he won't even know. Do you know his work hours?"

I nod my head. Of course I do. Down to the minute. I had to or he would do horrible things to me. Granted, would anyway sometimes.

"Ok, so we will go over there and grab everything you have when he is at work. It may take a couple of days, but we will get everything." I hide back away in her chest and nod. A small smile now on my face.

A small thought pops into the forefront of my brain. I can't leave him. He has everything. I gave him my everything. There is an unwanted connection between the two of us.

"I can't go home, so.... lets rent a different hotel room closer to the apartment." I smile at that comment. At least now we both are in trouble with the other.

We get up a few minutes later. After showering and getting dressed, I go around the room and grab everything that is mine or Lana's.

"Ready?" I ask Lana. She nods her head. She reaches for my hand, and I let her hold my hand.

After checking the parking lot for Nathan, we hurry to her car a few blocks away. Opening the door and placing myself in the passenger seat. Lana is soon in the driver's seat next to me.

"And we're Off To The Races." Lana starts the engine. I feel my heartbeat elevate. The realization that I am going back to that horrid apartment haunts me.

"Marina? Are you ok?" I look over at Lana. She gives me a worried look. "You look pale." I turn back towards the road.

"I'm going back to the apartment..." Lana catches on to the undertone.

"Don't worry. How about I knock in the door and you stay in the car? Just to make sure." I smile a small smile. It helps a tiny bit for her to say that.

We park around the corner from the apartment. Jack is supposed to be at work five hours ago. We get out of the car. Lana takes hold of my hand to try to calm my nerves.

I stand out of site while Lana knocks on the door. Nothing. Then harder. Still nothing. She turns around and motions for me. I hesitantly head up the walk and stand cowardly behind her.

She take the bobby pin that she placed in her hair for no reason this morning and starts to pick the lock. Now it makes sense. She was getting prepared. She has the door open in seconds.

I walk inside the sinful apartment. Lana quickly closes the door. Then she get to work.

"Where do you keep your suitcases?" I point to the slider that is under the stairs. She walks over and takes out the two biggest in there.

"I'm assuming your room is that one upstairs?" She motions to the open door up the staircase. I nod again. Following her up, I turn into the bedroom. I wasn't expecting what I saw.

My clothes are on the bed. Pictures of the two of us through the years are there to. The white pillows looked stained.

Was he crying over me?

I just stand there in the doorway while Lana quickly folds my clothes and tries to fit as much as possible in one.

"Marina? Are you ok?" I focus my vision again. Lana is staring at me worryingly again. I quickly start to pack my non clothing items into the other suitcase.

I have packed all the things I want to take within an hour.

"Ok. I'm going to use the restroom. Then we are getting the hell out of here." I laugh a little at her comment. I'll use the one downstairs. I'll take the suitcases to." She grabs the one with my clothes in it and heads down the stairs. I hear the bathroom door shut a few moments later.

I sit down on the foot of the bed. The original image of the room haunting me. Does he seriously miss me? If I didn't leave him would he start to treat me right? Would he regret what he has done to me? He didn't last time, but that was the past. People can change.

I hear a door open from downstairs. I hear Lana start to walk back up the stairs. I look up in the doorway, and my heart stops.
_________________________________________________________________________________
I bet you know what is about to happen...😏

thank you so much for reading! It means so much to me!

And just an annoying reminder, if you liked this chapter, feel free to vote. or comment. It would mean the world to me!

Love you!
-R