d.o.a. / j.jk (& k.sj?)

(a/n: angst and gore ahead, mention of suicide. your warning is here. read at your own risk.)

---

d.o.a.

stands for: dead on arrival

dead on arrival (d.o.a. or doa) is a term used to indicate that a patient was found to be already clinically dead upon the arrival of professional medical assistance, often in the form of first responders such as emergency medical technicians, paramedics, or police.

---

you are a college student going into the medical field, which means you work at a Univerity hospital.

despite all the backlash of there only being young, immature, irresponsible children behind the scalpels that try to save our families lives, it's always quite busy there - it being a large, nearby hospital, it made sense.

but that only added more stress to you.

there were rarely ever minor injuries - most of the time, patients were flown in from all over Korea, meaning they must have been in a serious condition.

you sighed looking at the board of patients, which was a stack of papers so thick that, if you dropped it on yourself, it'd probably bang your toe up pretty well.

"emergency! stat! college student in an apparent suicide attempt jumped in front of an intersection, major condition!" your radio yells at you.

"come on, newbie," one of the handsome doctors beckons you with him. he, along with a few other nurses, pushes a covered cot to the emergency room, quickly.

you nod, obeying instantly and rushing behind them to help push.

everyone lifts the mattress off of the rolling part of the cart and they place it on the surgery table, two girls running off to return the car.

"this is a bad one," dr kim warns before pulling the sheet away. you gasp, not too quietly.

you had him in geography, English, and math class in high school. he was your partner in one of your college classes now. you had a crush on him ever since you first laid your eyes on him - and your heart sped up every time he would laugh at your stupid jokes. his smile was the cutest - he looked just like a bunny, the way his lips curled and his pretty, white teeth were shaped, and how his eyes would crinkle up at the side.

but he looked nothing like that now.

his right leg and neck both twisted unhumanely, left one with bone jutting out dangerously. his face busted, distorted - a huge dent where his handsome face should have been. blood pouring out everywhere. his thin lips slightly parted in a silent groan, you could see teeth knocked in, bloody and no longer showing any trace of white that may have been there before.

his name was jeon jungkook.

"yah, newbie, snap out of it, we have to act fast," dr kim snaps his fingers in your face.

you merely nod and hold up the tool tray, for him to grab whatever he needed.

dr kim grabs the boy's neck and looks over him, there faces each upside down to the other. "you poor thing," he says, as if Jungkook could hear him. "you didn't deserve to do this to yourself. i wish you had just talked to someone."