sweater weather // p.jm

(a/n: "another jimin oneshot??" you ask. "yes. another jimin oneshot," i confirm.
for real though just recently i listened to "sweater weather" (peep the song my dudes) by the neighborhood again and it gives me such a soft jimin vibe?? i had to write this based on that song)

*•.•.•*

gripping tightly to your body, you shiver as the cold air touches your delicate skin. the night envelops your small town here in busan, and the only source of light are the streetlamps littering the popular town square.

you exhale sharply, teeth clattering from the wind chill as you wait on your coworker. he finally steps out, keys jingling as he shoves them in his jacket pocket. he flashes you an adorable grin, but then realizes your teeth are chattering. "th-thanks for walking me home."

"it's no trouble, but didn't you bring a coat?" he asks gently, looking at you with such care as the two of you step away from the bar. the audible sound of snow crunches under your show quietly, most of it that still trickles down not sticking to the pavement.

"n-no. i thought it'd warm up... i didn't know it'd snow again," you chatter. in the corner of your eye, you see jimin slipping his jacket off.

you start to say something just as he gently drapes it over your shoulders. you begin to scramble to take it off but he grabs your shoulder, making sure you can't take the jacket off. "b-but you'll be cold, it's yours anyway, t-take it ba-"

"you're teeth are chattering right now as you speak. you'll be sick if you're not careful. plus, i'm fine," he smiles, gesturing to his thick shirt.

slowly, you nod and grip the jacket to you closer than before. it's still warm with his body heat, and smells just like he always does at work. a faint little scent, desirable and delectable, but also smelling a bit of herbs and spice.

in the background, your ears tune into a party, blasting music. and just as the song ends, a new one plays. a familiar sound, but somehow you can't recall it. you listen to the first line, the second, even as much as the whole verse before it hits.

all i am, is a man
i want the world, in my hands
i hate the beach
but i stand, in california with my toes in the sand

"i love this song," you mumble as quietly as you can, snuggling farther into the scent on jimin's jacket.

"you do? it's been a while since i've heard it. you like it that much?" jimin asks, nodding to you who unconsciously shrug your shoulders to the rhythm.

use the sleeves of my sweater
let's have an adventure
head in the clouds but my gravity's centered

your cheeks heat. "yeah, this song is the first one i danced to. it got me through most of my life," you giggle. jimin smiled understandably, eyes looking toward his shoes that kicked around clumps of snow on the sidewalk. he remembers every once in a while, when you'd dance gently at the club. not sexually, just dancing. moving your body softly, enjoying the sounds of the music. he'd dreamed of dancing with you now, so fluidly, so perfectly, how well the two of you could sync together to the music.

"why not show me a bit of that dance?" he asks.

touch my neck, and i'll touch yours
you in those little high waisted shorts, oh