Chapter 2

I smelt a scent when he opened the door and my wolf couldn't get enough of it.

"Leave the por girl alone already Alex." Alex's dad said chuckling and winking at me.

Alex's dad wasn't just my alpha. He was like my second dad. He was my dad's best friend, my best friend's dad and my alpha. He helped me through alot just like Alex. He through me and Alex was going to mate but we're both past the age of 18 and we have no signs of being mates. But we do have signs of being best friends for life.

The other alpha didn't say anything just stared at me checking me over while my dad and Alex's dad started chuckling to each other about something.

Once the other alpha was done checking me over he nodded his head in a approving way and walked off with the rest of them.

Me and Alex was making our way over to the game again before his dad peeked his head back in.

"Be down in 5 kids. No monkey business" he said playfully glaring at the both of us."

"No promises" I said back.

"Okay dad" Alex said and his dad disappeared.

"Are the pups here?" I asked starting to get bored waiting for the 5 minutes to be up so we can go to the meeting then the stupid hunting games.

"No my dad made them go out and play till the meeting is over." Alex said spinning around in the chair staring at the ceiling.

"Are they going to be at the hunting games?" I asked.

Maybe I can play with the pups while everyone else is trying to find their mates.

"Nope they're going to stay inside of here while the games are going on through the night. Only wolves that have mates already or wolves that are over the age of 18 and unmated can attend the games."

"That's stupid I'm going to be so bored. Emily and Mia are definitely going to participate in the stupid games I'm going to be all alone." I said huffing.

"Why don't you just play the games you might find your mate baby cakes?"

I just shrugged not wanting to talk about it.

"Do you want to find your mate?" Alex said pushing the situation.

"Time to go" I said not answering.

He groaned and we left to make our way to the meeting. As we got closer and closer to the meeting the scent had my wolf itching to get out and find the smell.

The smell was kind of a turn on and I didn't even know what is was. It was a pine mixed with vanilla and some sort of herb.

It kept getting stronger and stronger and my wolf kept getting more pulled in and excited. I didn't know why she leaned towards this smell so much but I trusted her with it.

I wanted to give her control to find the scent but I couldn't I had to attend the meeting.

We made our way to the room and my eyes danced across the room as I sniffed. I seen another man sniffing and when he turned his head to me it clicked.

I'm looking in my mates eyes.

No. I don't want a mate and especially not a mate that doesn't belong to my pack. I don't want to leave.

He mumbled the word mate to himself and started to make his way towards me slowly.

I noticed he was coming closer and backed away and was getting ready to turn and leave.

"Are you okay baby cakes?" Alex asked grabbing my arm to get my attention.

"Everyone take a seat so we can talk." Alex's dad instructed.