Chapter 27

"Alex?" me and logan both questioned at the same time.

I seen Milly run in through the door panicked.

"I'm so sorry alpha it was me against him no one was there to help me from letting him in. I tried to keep him out I promise I'm so sorry." Milly said in fright then bowed her head.

"It's fine Milly we know him" Logan stated and Milly let out a sigh of relief.

"What- How- Why-" I was so confused and didn't know how to use my words.

It seemed like forever since I've seen him I've missed him so much.

He looks so upset.

I went in for a hug to comfort him and he stopped me. He gripped my chin and titled my head up to have a better view of my mark.

And that's when he let out a growl.

"Alex?" I asked confused with his actions.

"She was supposed to be mine." he said stared down at the floor and then raised his head to look at Logan.

"I was supposed to mark her" he continued.

Logan seemed pretty calm about this and I was scared for them both to be honest.

"Look I'm sorry about that but she my mate I-" logan started to reason and be mature about it all.

"No fuck all of that! The stupid ass mate bond is stupid! Me and her was made for eachother. With or without the mate bond. It was true love. We didn't need a mate bond to pull us together" Alex said slowly falling apart at his own words.

"She is mine" Logan said now getting possessive.

"I even rejected my mate for her" he said finally looking at me.

Wait what?

"Alex.. you did what" I asked making sure I heard him right.

"I did it for you Ella" he said taking my hand into his.

Alex rejected his mate for me.

"No no no Alex no why would you do that alex?" I said cupping his cheeks.

" I did it for you Ella." He said wrapping his big hands around my wrist and staring deeply into my eyes.

"When alex?" I said now getting upset.

"About a year ago" he said looking at the ground.

"You never told me or weakened from the bond being broken" I said confused.

"Because it wasn't real. All I ever wanted was you Ella. Please be with me." he said taking a step closer.

I guess he was getting too close and personal for logan and logan let out a warning and possessive growl.

Alex put his attention on Logan again and I knew that wasn't a good sign.

"Hey hey hey" I said to alex "I can't Alex I'm sorry I've already been marked I can't I'm with logan now. I love him Alex please be happy for me. We can find your mate together and see if she'll accept you." I said caresing his cheeks.

He nodded his head and a tear fell and he looked to the ground.

He stepped back and my hands fell to my sides.

I'm losing Alex right now.

I'm losing my childhood best friend.

I'm losing every happy moment of my life.

He gave me a tight lipped smile and gave a hard glare at Logan before turning around to leave.

"Alex we can still be friends!" I said grabbing his hand.