Dance?

Okay, with my author powers I summon a huge time skip to the month of December! Sorry, I just don't know what to put here until they grow up but I needed them to meet so... yeah.

(Y/N) POV

I was in front of the school talking with the hoodie squad about randomness until I was pulled aside by my brother. I looked at him strangely until he finally stepped away from pretty much everyone.

"What gives, why did you pull me away?" I gave him an annoyed look.

"Just listen, the school's winter dance is coming up and I want to warn you beforehand to tell you I'll be watching you make sure you don't get a date." He told me as his face dropped dead serious.

"Why would anyone want to go to the dance with me anyways," I told him. Then I remembered the last meeting I had with the leaders and blushed to look away, hoping Tom didn't notice.

"I just want to make sure and let you know" he pointed his two fingers at his 'eyes' and pointed them at my 'eyes' telling me he's watching me.

He walked back to the group and I followed with my arms crossed a little annoyed at him. We started talking till Tord said something that took everyone back a bit.

"So does everyone have dates to the dance?" He said looking at all of us who were shocked he actually mentioned it. We all shook our heads no, me glaring at Tom.

"Why did you ask, do you have a date Tord?" Edd asked him.

"No, I was just asking so then we could all go as a group"

"Oh, that could be fun to go as a group"

"What, you don't have a date. I thought you would with almost every girl fainting for you" Tom piped up.

"No one asked Jehovas witness!"

I punched Tord in the arm "I told you to stop calling him that and someone did ask Tord!" He held his arm where I punched him.

"Stop fighting! Class is about to start soon so teachers will be out to see this!" Edd scolded Tord, Tom, and I. Matt looked back at his mirror and walked into the school.

I followed but ran towards my locker determined to get away from Tord. I finally got my books and walked into homeroom where girls were waiting for something, or should I say, someone.

Someone tapped me on my shoulder as I walked in and I wasn't surprised when I saw Tord as I turned around. I ignored him and walked to my seat in the back.

Okay, all you have to do is pretty ignore him until the dance and he won't ask you to it. Yeah, simple enough. I pulled out a book and started reading trying to give off the sign to leave me alone.

I kept up the whole charade of trying to ignoring Tord so I can avoid him but eventually came the day of the dance and I was getting ready in my room. My dad has been out for a few days because of an attack at one of the bases so that was one problem put of the way.

I finished and ended with a plain (F/C) dress with a black belt around my waist (if your favorite color is back, the belt is brown). I put a pistol a pocket the dress had and pulled my hoodie over my dress.

I pulled on my combat boots and put my hair in a side braid. I put on some lip gloss and a bit of blush, this is the only amount of makeup I actually wear and I head out the door locking it as I leave.

I walk for sometime until I end up at Edds house so he can drive all of us to the high school. I knock on the door and heard yelling and fighting on the other side. It eventually died down and the door opened up.

In front of me was cola loving Edd and he let me in. "Thanks for driving me to the dance, it would've taken forever to walk over there," I thanked him.

"No problem, everyone else is in the living room, were about ready to leave." Edd pointed towards the living room where I could still hear some fighting.

I thanked Edd and walked into the living to find Tom and Tord fighting while Matt was on the couch looking into a mirror till he saw me in it.

"Hi (Y/N)! You look amazing for the dance! Almost as amazing as me!" I smiled at him and thanked him. Then I turned to Tord and Tom who were still fighting.

I walked up to them and punched them both in the face so that would look at me. They did and gave me glares until they realized it was me. "Finally you both stopped fighting, now come on! The dance isn't going to wait for us!"

I grabbed both of their arms and dragged them outside to the car where Edd was waiting and Matt was somehow in the passenger's seat already. I opened the door and climbed in, Tom following and Tord last.

We somehow made it to the dance with both the car and ourselves in one piece. When we walked into the gym, most of everyone was dancing like we were going to die tomorrow and everyone else was talking or eating.

My eyes lit up and I ran over to the snack table when I saw they had (F/S) (favorite snack) over there. I grabbed some and ate happily as Edd grabbed some Cola and came next to me.

"This is some weird dance," he said to me. I gave him a look.

"Your talking to the girl who wore combat boots with dress and hoodie. Along with the fact that I have a thing with guns," I told him.

"Fair point, I wonder if Tord actually brought a gun with him?"

"He probably did, I mean, I brought a pistol with me." I pulled out the pistol for a second and stuffed it back into my pocket. He looked at me shocked and started backing up.

Of course, I knew this was a joke because he knows I bring a pistol everywhere. He laughed and came back, now with Tord and we just watched the dance for a minute.

I somehow didn't notice the fact that Edd had disappeared into the crowd and it was just Tord and me now. I finished my snack and went to throw it away, when I came back I saw Tord fiddling with his fingers.

Now that's unusual, that's not something he would do unless he's nervous about something. I mean, I'm nervous as well but what's he got to worry about?

I shrugged it off and walked back next to him laying on the wall. He sighed and turned towards me as a slow song came on. He held his hand out. "May I have this dance?"

I was shocked at what he just asked. Did I hear that right, did he just ask me to dance...with him?!? Unknowingly, I nodded my head and took his hand as he guided me to the dance floor.

I grabbed his hands and danced the night away with him, talking, and joking around. Before I knew it, the dance was over and people were heading out.

He rest of the hoodie squad came to us and watched as we kept dancing not seeing them there until I felt a tap on my shoulder and saw a furious Tom. He grabbed my hand and dragged me away before I could do anything.

Is this what having an overprotective brother is like, this is just annoying. How do other people deal with this?

Edd drove to everyone's house except for mine and drove back to his place. "Are you sure you don't want a ride home if you give me the address I could find in 5 minutes." He asked me worriedly.

"Relax Edd, stop being so worried. Besides, if anything goes wrong, I have a loaded pistol in my pocket." I said trying to reassure him. I hopped out of the car as he parked and walked back to my house, hand on my pistol just in case.

I stopped, I have the strangest feeling like I'm being watched I turned around and maybe like a block away there was a black van. I pulled up my hood and kept walking at a faster pace. I'm not far from Edd's place, he'll hear the gunshots if I use my pistol, so stop worrying.

I looked back again and saw the van getting closer to me. I looked around and saw every house light off and no one else on the streets.

I couldn't take it and I burst out into a run to the house, hearing the van following right behind me.

To be continued...