Strange Encounters

I can officially say I hate high school ~Amethyst

I wake up fairly early the next morning, pushing last night's events out of my head. I swing my legs over my bedside and proceed to get ready for the day. The sun finally dawned once I was done with my morning routine and I went to my desk, taking out a sleek black laptop with a tiny purple logo in its corner. 

I open the laptop and let it a startup, spinning around in my chair in the meantime. It finally finished with a small pinging noise and I signed into my account on the Purple Army laptop. It almost looked like a regular desktop on any laptop.

I left clicked and went to change the wallpaper, select a picture that looked like a few golden retriever puppies, and watched as the entire laptop screen changed. A security measure of my design allowed me to have a cover desktop and the Purple Army computer on two different hard drives in the laptop design I also made.

It's all recreational things on the first hard drive but he second contained the Purple Army information and top-notch security only the Purple Army base can send messages to but that's about it for what they could do on my personal laptop.

The new background on my laptop had the Purple Army symbol and it was half organized in folders, applications, and notes to myself that haven't been deleted yet. I take my time reading through the reports for the week before I change back to the first hard drive and shut down the laptop once again.

I get up from my chair and check the time on the clock, it's 7:30 and no one is awake yet. I figure I could explore the town a bit since I haven't been here in a while. I pack up a small messenger bag with the essentials including a small pistol in case something happens.

I slip a knife in my boot, put on an (F/C) hoodie, and head out of the house, leaving a note for Edd to explain where I've gone if the house breaks its silence of the morning and everyone starts to wake up. I grab a spare key as I open the door and stroll down the sidewalks while humming a small tune.

After an hour, I head towards a more modern looking cafe somewhere in the outskirts of town. I step inside, a small bell goes off on the door, and I strode to the counter where I see a barista in a brown apron that had small stars painted onto it. 

I ordered a medium coffee and two croissants before heading to my table. It was a small table that seated one in the corner by a window. It was towards the back of the cafe, the window facing an alleyway intersection that had a beautiful mural on the brick wall across from me.

I almost felt relaxed with the warm drink in hand and studying the mural artwork, almost. 

My back was stiff, my feet were positioned to run, it was one of those feelings I had when a surprise attack would happen back at the base. I suppose it was the feeling of being in a new city but it wasn't like this last night, at least not completely.

Just when I'm about to turn to my food, I catch a glimpse of red and blue running down the alley. I almost jump out of my skin as I recognize the uniforms of the Red Army, and so close to me. 

I should've known better than to trust going to London wouldn't mean dealing with army things. I cursed myself under my breath as I hoped they didn't come to have some sort of ransom but of course, with hands shaking and I'm nervously eating my bread, I hear the door opening.

I pull the hood of my hoodie over my head and it's oversized on me, letting it hang over my face so my black eyes are covered, kind of like my uniform coat. Three men in the same uniform walk in with looks of menace, guns strapped to their back, and names that I knew. 

Pau and Pat were what was said on the name tags, they were the Red Leader's right-hand men and very skilled in combat. The last man in the center was my roommate and I felt exposed to being in this situation. 

Everyone was panicking as they started barking orders at us, telling us to hand over anything that was remotely a weapon, or devices, and to sit on the floor in the main part of the cafe. 

Me defying every order, I ducked under the table with my coffee as I could hear police sirens. I think one of the baristas called the cops while they were still hidden from sight before forced out of the kitchen. 

I tried paying attention to the conversation the police were having with Red, so maybe I could figure out what exactly was going on.

"Red Leader, we have you surrounded. Release the hostages," someone with a bullhorn commanded. Red darkly chuckled and I already know what he did.

"I don't that will happen until we get our fair share of this economy's money unless you want these citizens to go out with a boom," he exclaimed.

Of course, there's a bomb in the back probably. He might've had it placed when they were getting the employees out.

With this newfound information, I crawled away to the counter door near me. While the police were trying to negotiate with Red, I was stuck with actually trying to solve the problem. 

I tuck my hair away once I'm in the kitchen, to keep it out of my face and tried being as quiet as I could while searching for the explosive. I found nothing in the kitchen and went to the door in the back that leads to the manager's office. 

The doorknob's click felt like a gunshot in the almost quiet place so I hurried in before anyone saw me. On the desk a few feet in front of me, I could see a neatly placed weapon staring right back at me. 

I strode over to it, placing my coffee cup on the table. I take off the lid from the cup, the steam billowing from its rim. Looking back at the bomb, I take off it's covering after taking the knife from my boot. 

I cut off some of the ropes holding the thing together, and carefully looked over the wires. I carefully placed the blade under the red one and swiftly cut it upwards. The timer froze and I let out a sigh of relief, but the moment was short-lived.

I could hear the door creak open and I froze in my spot. "Turn around," an accented voice said. I turn around, the hood still covering my face, to see Tord standing in front of me. "That was a very bad thing you just did, soldier," he flashed a wicked smile.

Shoot..! He didn't have his weapon out so I took this opportunity to grab the open coffee cup and throw the boiling liquid right at him. I ran around him and out of that room, knife still in hand as I jump over the counter to the main area.

I use one hand to keep my hood down and the one wielding the knife to be directed to one of the soldiers.

The one thought running through my head was, I have to protect these citizens, I have to stop these soldiers. Another part of my brain was stressing if Tord was ok after what I did, I didn't intend to hurt him that badly but I had to do something and that was my safest option at the moment.

I tried to pry the latter thought away as I swung my blade at one of the soldiers, Pau. It went right over his eye before the other soldier readied his firearm.

I let go of my hood and slid down on the floor to trip Pat to the ground. Once he was on the floor, I stood back up to see a staggering Pau with one hand over his eye and Tord coming back around with an angry expression.

I had no time to think as Tord pulled me back by my hood and I reached back to late. My hair fell out and my face felt too exposed, my eyes were in full view of Pau but I had to run before Tord saw me.

Grasping onto my bag for dear life, I booked it out of the cafe, through the front door, keeping the door open for any one of the civilians to escape out if they could. I ran and ran for who knows how long before I actually arrived back a the house.

My hands shaking as I put the spare key I got into the keyhole and unlocked the door. I rushed in and locked the door after myself, speeding to my room right after.

I lock myself in my room and start pacing around, ignoring the confused voices on the other side of my door.

Today isn't going as I had thought it would. Why did I have to go out????