Chapter - 3

I got home around three that night after Hank dropped me off. I don't remember much, but I do remember waking up that morning to my phone ringing, "Hello?" I asked looking at the position I was in. I was laying on my living room floor with my cat on top of me.

"(Y/n)? It's Connor. Hank says that you're late for work." He says over the line I sigh in shock.

"Oh, sorry I kind of didn't make it to my bed last night..." I said getting up and going into the kitchen to feed Fluffy.

"Maybe you should take something for going to bed-..."

"No- Connor the issue is staying awake not falling asleep." I said rushing up my stairs and almost falling.

"Are you Alright, (Y/n)?"

"Don't worry about me, I'll be there in half a hour or so." I said and hanged up the phone throwing it onto my bed.I quickly got into the shower and cleaned off thinking about last night. I stepped out putting on black sweat pants and a t-shirt since I was in a hurry. Although, I knew Hank was going to say something about this formal I didn't give two shits. Once I was ready I walked out my door catching a taxi. I told the bot where to go and in little time I was at work with ten minuets to spear. I walked into the Department and scanned my badge.

"(Y/n)! Good morning." Connor said sitting in my office space, "Hank told me that I could use your terminal. I hope you don't mind."

"It's fine." I said and grabbed a chair and sat next to him looking at some old files.

"I didn't know you where in the army for a while." Connor said still looking at me like a lost puppy.

"Two- It was two years." I said as Hank looked over and grinned.

"I think that's a honor to work with you, (Y/n)." He said looking at new criminal files on my terminal, "243 files. The first dates back nine months... it all started in Detroit... And quickly spread across the country."

"Interesting... Got a case?" I asked.

"An AX400 is reported to have murdered a man last night. That could be a good starting point for our investigation." Connor got up and walked around the desk towards Hank. Hank turned ad wanted nothing to do with Connor.

"Hannnkkkyy- You know you wanna go and check it out with us." I said moving over and crossing my arms looking at Hank. He just grunted.

"I understand that you're facing personal issues, Lieutenant, but you need to move past them... And-..."

"Hey! Don't talk to me like you know me. I'm not your friend and I don't need your advice, okay? And (Y/n)? I thought I told you not to call me that!" Hank said turning away from Connor once more.

"I've been assigned this mission, lieutenant. I didn't come here to wait until you feel like working." Connor said as Hank got up, grabbed him by the collar and put him against the wall.

"Woah- Both of you need to chill." I said standing now.

"listen, asshole. if it was up to me, I'd throw the lot of you in a dumpster and set a match to it. So, stop pissing me off." Hank whispered to Connor, but i could hear, "Or things are gonna get nasty."

"lietenat." one of the officers said walking up his desk, "sorry to disturb you. I have some information on the AX400 that killed the guy last night... It's been sighted in the Ravendale district."

"I'm on it..." Hank said, let go of Connor and then walked away. I looked at him.

"Are you alright?" I asked Connor.

"I'm alright, lets head to the scene." With that me and Connor walked out following Hank...

'Hannnkkkyy... '