Chapter -12

(I wanted you to have a few parts, but it's only been a few chapters and I'm missing Connor :( plus adding more characters with dialogue makes it difficult for me. Anyway, it should be getting back to our boys shortly..! I find after writing this I find it a little cringe worthy, but that's alright. I hope you like it..!)

I've been awake for a while now, and turns out that we're about to cross Oklahoma into Missouri... Jean hasn't woken and she's looking a little sickly if I was honest. The train stopped twice giving me the chance to look around and even stealing clothes and 20 bucks. Poor guy didn't see it coming.

"(Y/n)?" I turn to see Jean looking at me sitting up.

"Hey... How are you feeling?" I asked slightly grabbing her in a hug.

"Just a little cold and hungry." She said.

"We'll you're just in luck! There's peaches everywhere! I said grabbing two cans. I open both, handing one to Jean and then to myself. We ate them quickly.

"Where are we?" Jean asked.

"Missouri."

"(Y/n)? Where are you from." She asked.

"Anywhere you want me to be from." I said laughing a little.

"Alright, I think you're from Detroit..!"

"Why Detroit?" I asked.

"I don't know. It's just really pretty there."

"What else?"

"You have a mom and a dad? A brother or two?"

"Yeahh, and..?"

"You have a daughter named Jean (L/n)..?" Jean said grinning at me.

"Ah, Yes.. I almost forgot that part. My little girl Jeanie.." I Smiled and hugged her. She hugged back laughing.

"All we need left is a dad." She said and I looked down at her.

"Hmm yes. Someday I'm sure."

.....

The train ride ended in Litchfeild, Illinois. It was about 7 am the next day and the sun was shining when we headed for the road going northeast. After a few hours we hit a town.

"I need clothes." Jean said holding my hand.

"That little store over there looks interesting.." I said pointing towards a old looking building that said 'open'. We make it way over there and I noticed a picture of a old family member next to a painting, "good ole' Carl."

"Who's Carl..?" Jean asked opening the door for us.

"Family." I said walking inside the warm build and was greeted my a young lady smiling.

"Hello..? How may I assist you?" I look closely to see a LED on the side of her head.

"Um, she needs clothes." I said gesturing to Jean. I watched as the lady walk to one side of the store grabbing sweat pants and shirt. She walks back over almost as if she's robotic...

"You're total is $7.36, will you be paying in cash or by scan?" She said looking back at me with cold eyes.

"What do you mean by scan?" I asked not understanding.

"Are you not android? You both read as androids." She said her LED flashing.

"Um, we'll just pay in cash." I said pulling out the twenty dollar bill handing it to her, she grabbed it handing it to me, "you have a bathroom?" I asked.

"Up the stairs and to the left."

"Thank you." I said grabbing Jean's hand. We went up the stairs and into the small bathroom locking the door. I looked at my self in the mirror for the first time in years...

....

I jolted up breathing heavily at the little girl in front of me, "Jeanie." I said as she smiled.

"I'm afraid I wasn't able to give all you're memories back, I'm sorry." She said looking quite sad. I hugged her.

"Don't worry about that, right now I'm just glad that I can recall a face to someone I know." I stood up feeling a little dizzy. I see my phone light up on the counter so I walk over to it picking it up, "hello?"

"(Y/n)?" Hank said on the other line.

"Hey dad," I coughed, "I mean Hank."

"Would you mind coming over? I need someone to hang with."

"Hell. I need to tell you something." I said looking towards Jean, "I found the girl Kamski said about."

"Hmm, interesting." I hear Hank pause and grunting, "Connor! I swear don't touch that! Hey! Sorry, (Y/n) just show up whenever." I hear Connor respond to Hank.

"Lieutenant Anderson, it is in you're best that you let me clean. It's unsanitary to be living in these conditions. Is (Y/n) there? Tell her I said hello..!"

"Ugh, talk to you later." Hank said and Hanged up the phone. I smiled, but that soon went away.

"What's wrong?" Jean asked grabbing my arm.

"Should I tell them that we're androids? Are we even androids, I mean we've never made a alarm go off when passing through places right? What does that make us?" I leaned against the wall with all these questions. If we tell them will Connor tell CyberLife? Would he really do that? Will he be able to see though our lies..? So many questions...

"Maybe we're just 'part of a machine'...?"