Chapter - 13

(So recently I've been doing some math... I have came to the conclusion you were born around 2014 to be almost 26 from my book. Isn't that interesting..? I hope you like this chapter, I honestly took forever for me to make this up. So I hope you like it!!!)

After a 15 minute walk we make our way onto Hanks porch and knock. I noticed Jean looking shy I patted her on the head for comfort. Connor was the one to open the door.

"(Y/n)..!" Connor grinned, "I-I've missed your... delightfulness." He hesitated.

"Even though its only been 14 hours or so... I've missed you too Con... Oh! This is Jean. Jean this is Connor."

"Hello! I'm Connor the android sent by CyberLife." Connor said looking down at her. She smiled.

"Hi..."

"We've been working on deviant cases, involving androids." I say making her look at me.

"You're a cop..?"

"Eh... Investigator." We walk inside and was greeted by the loud TV playing football, "Hey Hank."

"Ah, (Y/n)... I was wondering when you where going to show..." Hank gets up and stumbles over to us.

"Hank this is Jean..."

"What is she? You're daughter?"

"You could say that..."

"Christ I was just kidding, away you wanna beer?" I could smell the liquor in his breath.

"Uh, yeah sure." Hank walks over to the fridge and pulls out a beer and hands it to me. Connor watches.

"You know that drinking isn't good for you... You should be more careful-"

"Shut it." Hank said and sat down watching the game. I look to Connor.

"Yah' only live one life Con. Gotta make the best of it." I said opening it and taking a few sips. I feel like I've said this before, but oh well.

"What does he do..? Jean asked pointing to Hank.

"He's ah... a Lieutenant." I said taking a seat at his kitchen table. Jean sits next to me and so does Connor.

"(Y/n)? May I ask you a personal question?" Connor asked looking right into my soul, "Something doesn't seem right in you're timeline. I couldn't find much about you being in the military. Although, I did find your book and where we're you over the coarse of five years. Although, seemed like you were everywhere."

"Too tell you the truth, I wasn't actually in the military for those two years. Ever heard of 'OKSA'..? Con?" I said. Connors LED light flashed before looking at me.

"Oklahoma Scientific Analysis, which brought people from all over the world for examination to possibly pursuit to a Perfect body?"

"Yeah, the doctors thought that if they could put a human body into machine they would create a being worthy of a immortal status."

"But it says that the Governor soon found out and shut it down..?" Connor asked.

"Oh, yeah. I've heard about that. But didn't he get killed a few days later?" Hank said making all of us look at him.

"You're very much on point, Hank."

"What does that mean..?"

"Em, Well the 'OKSA' stayed in motion until 2030. By then over 250 people were killed and many more imprisoned."

"I can see that. There are files. I'm restricted from opening them." Connor said looking at me confused.

"Are they called 'SHM'..? Just a guess..." I said leaning back into the chair having everyone eyeing me.

"Yes, what does it stand for, (Y/n)?" I breathed out closing my eyes remembering something.

...

I open my eyes which to my surprise I was sitting in a blank white room. Looking around a man sits in front of me. More importantly a familiar face...

"You have been put under the 'Synthetic Human Machine Case,' You will be able to go home and you're memories will be deleted if you wish to have them."

"What about Jean...?" I asked.

"She will be put into foster care, although the both of you show no signs of aging. So she will be watched." He said moving is wedding ring.

"What's you're name?" I looking at his ring.

"Ah, Richard Perkins..."

"Recently married?" I asked making him look up.

"Bout' a month ago with a wonderful little girl." He grinned, "Hey you would make a pretty good cop."

"Thought about it... Although, troubled teens and young adults interest me."

"Hmm, Oh sorry off topic. Have you came to the conclusion?" He asked.

"I think I want to live a normal life again.." I said...

...

I reopen my eyes and look around, "it was called the 'Synthetic Human Machine Case' better known as 'SHM.' It's made for those who made it through the experiments..."

"I remember that." Jean said, "I was placed into foster care, but soon fled. To go find someone..." She smiled and looked at me.

"Me and jean were placed under it, as maybe 90 others..?"

"Why is that both look human to me." Hank said making Connor stare dead at me. Trying to analyze me, he finally looked at my eyes.

"(Y/n)? You're crying." Connor said quickly standing. So did I and back up, "I-I'm sorry... (Y/n), wait!" I took off running out of the door. I didn't want him to see though my lies. My body isn't mine. After hours I ended up near a old boat. I look to read Jericho on the side. For some reason my mind thinks, 'how to get in there?' Suddenly I trip and arms catch me.

"Hello..." He says cautiously, I notice he's a android model PL600.

"S-Sorry.." I said moving off him, and keeping my distance. Just then in my head then I hear his voice.

"Don't worry I wont hurt you, my name is Simon."

"Um, (Y/n)... My name." I say not making sense. Simon laughed.

"Do you wan't to come in? We can make sure you have somewhere to stay, if that is okay with you?"

"I would really love that, thank you..."