Chapter -15

"You're off the case. The FBI will be taking over."

"What, but we were onto something! We-we just need more time, after we find (Y/n)... I'm sure we can-.."

"Hank, you don't get it. This isn't just another investigation, it's a fucking civil war! And with (Y/n) still missing... It's out of our hands, we're talking about national security here."

"Fuck that you can't just pull the plug! Not when we're so close!"

"You're always saying that you can't stand androids! Jesus Hank, make up your mind! I thought you'd be happy about this!"

"We're about to crack the case! I know we can solve it! For gods sake Jeffrey, can't you back me up on this one time?"

"There's noting I can do. You're back on homicide, and the android will be returned to CyberLife."

"And (Y/n)?" I said, having the both of them look at me.

"There was a Police department in Washington that was looking for Investigators. They've contacted me, and once we find her she might be on her way there..." Jeffery replied, "And sorry Hank, its over." I watched Hank walk out the room and towards his desk. I looked a Jeffery and then walked out. I needed to talk to hank...

"Connor?" Jean asked from (Y/n)'s desk as I walked over to Hank.

"We've could've solved this case... So close! And now that (Y/n) is missing, what do we do?"

"I don't know Connor, I don't know..." Hank paused and turned his chair towards me, "So you'll be going back to CyberLife?"

"I have no choice. I'll be deactivated and analyzed to find out why I failed." I thought about (Y/n) and all the times we had. I slightly smiled, 'will I see her again? Before than?' I asked myself. The way she smiled and laughed. How she was so kind and bright, the way her eyes shinned and her beautiful voice...

"What if we're on the wrong side Connor? What if we're fighting against people who just want to be free?

"I-I don't know, Hank..."

"When you refused to kill that android at Kamski's place.... You put yourself in her shoes... You showed empathy, Connor. Empathy is a human emotion."

"I-I don't know why I did it..." I paused to think about what I should say, "I'm not programmed to say this, but...  I really appreciated working with you. Maybe with a little more time, who knows... We might've became friends..."

"How bout (Y/n)?" Hank asked making me feel anxious.

"I wish I could've gotten to know her better... I felt something... I like I wanted something more..." Hank smiled and mumbled something before looking over and losing that grin of his...

"Well, well, here comes Perkins that motherfucker... Sure, don't waste anytime at the FBI.."

"We can't give up! Even though (Y/n) isn't here! I know the evidence is in the evidence we collected. If Perkins takes it, its all over!"

"There's no choice! You heard Fowler, we're off the case."

"You got to help me Lieutenant! I need more time so I can a lead in the evidence we collected! I know the solution is in there!"

"Listen, Connor-.."

"If I don't solve this case, CyberLife will destroy me. Five minuets. It's all I ask."

"The key to the basement is on my desk... Get a move on I can distract them forever..! Oh, and Jean, help me out..."