Chapter - 4

Once we got to the  Ravendale district and went into the hotel, "Lieutenant Anderson and Investigator (L/n), Detroit Police." Hank said showing his badge and so did I, "we're looking for a female android, robbed a store down the road last night. You see anything?"

"An android? No... I don't take androids here. And do police officers usally dress like that?" He asked pointing to me.

"Not the time for that. Have you seen anyone that looks like this?" Connor said and showed a hollagram piture of her.

"Fuck. I knew there was something werid about her... She came in last night- she was dressed normal, you know... There was no way I could tell-..."

"Is it still here?" Hank asked.

"Yeah, probably. Room 28."

"Thank you." Hank said and walked out I followed. He made a quick phone call to the big boss and hung up, "You wait in the car." He said to Connor.

"I think its best that I go with you and (Y/n)." Connor said.

"Listen, Im tired of you talkin' back to me. You're a Machine, so shut the fuck up and do what I say!"

"All I want is to accomplish my mission I'm sorry if that upsets you."

"He has a point Hank." I said crossing my arms. Hank grunted and walked off as Connor followed him. I also trailed behind. We walked up the stairs and to the room that she was in, or at least I hoped. Hank pulled out his gun and opened the unlocked door. No-one was there.

"It's gone." Hank said ending the investigation here for now.

.....

We looked around for a hour or two and that worked up a apatite for me and Hank. So He deiced to take us to a place called 'Chicken Feed.' I was kinda unsure, but Hank said he would pay for me. I haven't worked with him much, but I knew we would get along enough. Hank pulled over and we got out of the car at least me and Hank did.

"Woah! Hey! Hey! Hey!" Hank said waving his arms and stopping a car I just kept walking not even noticing the car. We walked up to the stand and Hank ordered the same thing he gets for me. I looked back to watch Connor get out of the car and make his way over to us. Hank was bidding something with this guy, I guess he knew although I just wanted my food. They small talked then they guy left, Connor went and stood by Hank, "what is you're problem? Don't you ever do as you're told? Look you don't have to follow me around like a poddle!"

"I'm sorry for my behavior back at the police station. I didn't mean to be unpleasant."

"Oh, wow. You've even got a brown-nosing apology program! Guys at CyberLife thought of everything, huh?" Hank said as the guy brought our food over to us.

"Thanks-..." I said taking it and quickly walking over to the table, Hank soon followed. I quickly ate.

"This Pedro... He was proposing illegal gambling. Am I right?" Connor asked and I almost choked on the burger.

"yeah."

"And you made a bet?"

"Yeah." Hank said and Connor looked confused.

"I've also done a little myself." I said.

"How old are you anyway?" Hank asked as I smiled.

"Almost 26."

"And how old when you joined the military?

"19 or 20?" I said which he gave me a weird look.

"Both of your meals contain 1.4 times the recommended daily intake of calories and twice the cholesterol level. You both shouldn't eat that."

"Everybody's gotta dies from something." Hank said with no care in the world.

"Should we talk about deviants? Since that's what this case is going towards..." I said looking at Hank then Connor.

"We believe that a mutation occurs in the software of some androids, which can lead to them emulating human emotion-..."

"In English, please." Hank said with his hand up.

"T-They don't really feel emotion, they just get overwhelmed by irrational instructions. which can lead to unpredictable behavior." B

"Wish I didn't feel emotions." I mubled

"Emotions always screw everything up... Maybe androids aren't as different from us as we thought."

"Can I ask you a personal question, Lieutenant?" Connor asked and Hank Moved his head in agreement, "Why do you hate androids so much?"

"I have my reasons... You ever dealt with deviants before?"

"A few months back. A deviant was threatening to jump off the roof with a little girl. I managed to save her."

"So, I guess you've done all your homework, right? Know everything you need to know about me?"

"I know you graduated top of your class. You made a name for yourself in several cases, and became the youngest lieutenant in Detroit. I also know you've received several disciplinary warnings in recent years and you spend a lot of time in bars."

"So what's your conclusion?"

"I think working with a officer with personal issues is an added challenge, but adapting to human unpredictability is one of my features."

"How bout' me, Connor?" I asked. He looked at me.

"You didn't graduate top of your class, but joining the military for two years worked some issues out on your disciplinary. After that you went towards being a probation officer for teens and young adults, and you also wrote a book on troubled teens. After a year you moved to Detroit and became a criminal investigator for the Detroit police. Although, you still wanted nothing to do with the body's, you mostly just looked for the motives. And I have noticed that you have some medical issues, which I do not know about much."

"Conclusion?" I said finishing my burger.

"I believe your medical issues won't be a problem unless working over hours, which I cannot help with that, but Hank wouldn't be alone in this challenge." and with that Connors LED flash colors and he looked to Hank, "I just got a report of a suspected deviant. It's few block away, we should have a look. I'll let you finish your meal, me and (Y/n) will be in the car if you need us."

"We will." Connor said looking at me I threw my trash away and headed to the car getting into the back seat.

"(Y/N)? Can I ask you a question?" He asked me and turned around.

"Go for it..?" I said.

"What kind of medical issue are you dealing with. Your file says that you have no medical."

"Narcolepsy."

"And you aren't taking medication for this?"

"I was a while back, but they dubbed the price on me."

"You know you could fall asleep whenever? That wouldn't be good for the case if that was to happen."

"I'll make sure I'll tell someone if I feel like I'm gonna pass out." I said as Hank got into the car. He looked at the both of us.

"Did I miss something?" He asked.

"Lets just get the case Lieutenant..."