Chapter - 11

~*(These next few Chapters will be about you... Also caution if you can't stand a lot of blood and stuff like that I guess...I'm not the best at describing situations, but I think I did a okay job. Btw the song above is the inspiration towards the title of the book! Pretty cool right..? As always hope you like it..!)*~

After a few days I was finally able to go home, Although leaving Hank alone like that didn't feel right... But I guess he has Connor..? I was off for the day and it seemed like the day was even getting better with me first thing falling down my stairs and landing right on my ass. That's when I decided to stay sitting on the couch all day watching movies. Everything was going just fine until a knock sounded at the door. I groan getting up and slowly walking towards it. I open it.

"Hello..?" A little girl about 11 or 12 said looking at me.  She smiled.

"Where are your parents?" She shifted a little looking up at me with bright eyes.

"You..." She said looking disappointing, "You don't remember me?"

"Uh no... Are you sure you have the right address, sweetheart?" I asked leaning over and truly looking at her. She had long dark brown hair and the greenest eyes I've ever seen.

"But you're (Y/n)..." She said also looking at me. I grabbed her arm.

"Maybe you're looking for another (Y/n)..?"

"No-..." She said grabbed my left arm tightly, I look at her now confused.

"What are you-..." I said before watching my own arm turn into a android arm. I jumped back in fear into my apartment, but she didn't let go...

"I'm sorry, but you'll need to remember..!" As she said that everything went dark...

....

I'm looking at a paper, and not reading it I sign it. I'm suddenly dragged from behind and screaming all sorts of things like, 'Please... I'm sorry!' Or... 'I don't want to go!' After days of isolation and no food I'm strapped up to a table. Looking around I could see others just like me scared and alone. Suddenly voice sounds...

"You've all been chosen for scientific studies involving androids. In hopes that one of you will survive we've only had 7 out of 89 people we've tested in the last mouth...The 'perfect' bodies..." The voice said as large machines with blades came over top of us. I watched a the blade went over waiting above my left arm and right leg. I could feel my heat raise as I begged,

"Please..!" I cried as everyone screamed for mercy inside that dark room that day. I was breathing heavily when the machines turned on. I was fresh out of high school strapped to a table waiting to die. I don't remember when the blade when through my skin and bones. I just remember it being... Cold... I remember opening my eyes and seeing people with masks around me telling me that I'm 'part of a new future'. Days later my eyes open again and was took to a room with 10 other people. Each of us having numbers, I was in fact 9. We were all put into the same room to do normal things like reading, or chess, anything I guess to have us thinking. I would mostly read, but a day changed... A little girl with the number 4.

"Hello..!" She said looking at me smiling. I frown also noticing her British accent, " My name is Jean-Jean Breckenridge, Yours?"

"(Y/n) (L/n)..." I said as she sat next to me. I see her face light up looking at my book grinning.

"I've read that one 2,431 times, and I love the main character 'Day'. Although, 'June' is alright too." She said, "On Monday they said if I tell them all I did They'll let me see mamma."

"Trust me they won't." I said looking at her, I patted her shoulder, "They'll probably take you away for testing. I think its best if you don't do that."

"But I wanna see mamma." Jean said and hugged me and I hugged back.

"Stay with me...? I'll protect you. I promise..."

...

Suddenly I'm took to another memory.  They were threatening to kill me if I didn't obey orders as a android. I grabbed the military officers gun and shot him killing him instantly. I quickly grabbed his key card running down the hallway killing others on the way. I make it to the room we've always been in at least for a year now. I go into the room and call out.

"Jean, Hurry! We're leaving quickly!" I said. She ran over grabbing my hand.

"Where are we going, (Y/n)?" She asked looking at me scared.

"We're getting out of here." We ran out of the room and down the hallway were we could see a train going by, "That will be our escape."  By then the alarm went off. I grabbed the closest thing throwing it at a window. It shattered, I picked up Jean slowly putting her out. Then myself, although I wasn't so lucky. I hit a large piece of glass into my back which came with us while running towards the train. I could hear dogs behind us, but we kept going.

"We're not going to make it!" Jean called and I held her hand tighter.

"Believe!" I said somewhat pushing her to grab the fence, I started to climb but was grabbed by a dog. I could feel its teeth sink into my skin. Jean cried out and all I could think about was getting out of here. I pulled my gun shooting it before continuing the climb hearing gun shots behind us. Jean yelled.

"Hurry!!" I jumped from the fence landing it. It happened so slow, I remember watching as a bullet pierced her stomach. She cried out in pain, "(Y/n)..!" I picked her up running to the train grabbing on of the ladders with one hand.

"Sweetheart, you'll be okay. I promise." I said holding her close. I look to see a little door on the side. Pushing on it I found it was open. I look around to see cans of peaches. I sit her down and take off my jacket ripping it and putting it around her stomach.

"(Y/n), am I going to die?" Jean asked.

"N-no, no. Why would you say that? It looks to me the bullet didn't hit anything that could lead to internal bleeding. And the bullet passed through." I said smiling. This was the first time Jean saw me smile.

"I'm tired." She said and grinned back, "And cold."

"I can help that." I said holding her close on my lap.

"I love you, (Y/n)..." With that Jean went to sleep... And soon after so did I...