Chapter 41

Shawn

Me: I think I'm ready with Brooke

Joanna: Oh wow! Really?

Me: yup

Me: I need to just suck it up and do it

Joanna: ...

Joanna: It's sex, not a root canal.

Joanna: It should be something you want to do.

Me: I think I do

Joanna: That's so convincing.

Joanna: It's okay if you're not able to do this.

Me: it's a mental thing not a physical problem

Joanna: I didn't think it was a plumbing issue.

Joanna: And I'm now very weirded out that I'm even thinking about your plumbing.

Me: sorry

Me: I shouldn't talk about this with you

Me. you're just the easiest person to talk to

Joanna: You can talk to me about anything. I mean that.

Joanna: ❤️

                               ~~~~~~

My parents showed up at the house in the woods to spend the weekend there with the kids. Aaliyah and Alec were going to join them tomorrow, which was Saturday.

I was spending the weekend in Toronto alone. Except I wouldn't be alone. Brooke was joining me.

As I made the drive from the country to the city, I blasted some music. I couldn't really do that with the kids in the car, but I was alone, and I was at risk of blowing out a speaker. I needed to get lost in the noise.

I got to my condo and walked to the living room, hating the emptiness. It was summer, so I'd gotten used to having my kids around all day. It wasn't the same when they were gone. It was too damn quiet.

Instead of sitting down I turned back towards the kitchen and pulled a bottle of rye from the cupboard above the fridge. I poured myself a stiff drink and took it to the living room where I sat down on the couch to wait for Brooke. I was almost done with my drink when the doorbell rang.

"Hi, baby," she said as she walked in. She gave me a deep kiss on the lips. "I'll have whatever you're drinking. It tastes good."

I got her a drink and we sat down together. She snuggled up against me.

"No one's here to interrupt us," she said in my ear before kissing my neck.

"Are you hungry?" I asked.

"Very."

"We can order dinner. Or we can go out. Your call."

She bit her lip seductively. "I didn't mean for food."

I gulped. Okay. So we were getting right to it.

I'd told Brooke I was ready and that tonight would be the night. She was enthusiastic about this, to say the least.

"I went lingerie shopping today. Just for you," she purred in my ear.

Her hand moved up my thigh and settled in a place that made me draw a quick breath. She then stood up and crooked a finger at me, indicating I should follow her. I set my glass down and let her lead me to my bedroom. She guided me to the bed and told me to sit. Then, she slowly took off the dress she was wearing, revealing an extremely sexy black lace bra and panty set. She really was incredibly hot.