Chapter 8

We don't do much the day we stay home, eat food and watch a lot of movies is basically it.

The next day I received many weird looks at school, 1) probably because I look like the new kid, and 2) there's a million fuck ups on my face. Acne being a problem as well as the bruises and cuts. I am greatful that he didn't, like, rip my lip ring out though. I might have cried if that happened. I sit in my usual spot in my first class and someone taps my shoulder. I turn to see a girl with a small blush on her cheeks.

"Sorry, uh, there's another guy that usually sits there, but you can, uh sit next to me." she suggests, patting the desk next to her.

"Sorry to burst your bubble, but that other guy is me." I smirk a little and turn to face Ashton who just sat down next to me.

"Hey." I peck his lips and hear a gasp behind me, and turn to face the front, grinning successfully.

"What was that for?" he asks, his cheeks glowing.

"Just for being you." I say and the teacher walks in, hurredly setting her stuff down and begins calling role.

"Abby"

"Here"

"Benjamin"

"It's Ben. Here."

"Lucas."

"It's Luke, here." I correct for the first time, earning several glances from people around me but I ignore them completely as she finishes.

"Alright, Class. We are starting a new unit next week so that means we have a project!" many people groan, but I grin. Music is one of my strongest classes. "You are to write a song with the partner of your choice-" people are already getting up to meet their partners before she even finishes and I turn to Ashton.

"What's our song going to be about, partner?" I ask with a wink.

"Hmm, I don't know, Partner." he says back. "We should go to the park after school to think up some things." he suggests and I nod.

"Sounds good to me." I agree and we begin to write some things down. "Hey if this works out, we could give it to Michael and Calum. Possibly upload it to our channel?" I suggest pulling out some paper for both of us and handing him one of my mechanical pencils and we begin to write.

I can't remember the last time I saw your face

I feel so lonely when I'm in a crab and fish place? No

Ashton looks over and chuckles, making a side note and pointing to the words I scribbled out. in a crowded space it reads and that's a lot better than what I wrote. The bell rings, I didn't realize it took me that long to write that, but oh well. I stuff the paper in my pocket and grab my bag, going to my next class.

"Luke, wait up!" Ashton pants, running over to me.

"oh shit sorry, I forgot we have the next class together." I say, awkwardly scratching the back of my neck.

"Nah, It's okay, let's go." We walk to science together and laugh at some lame things that the kids were doing in the hallways. I'm glad I can finally be me at school.

a/n: all of my updates for this are probably going to be short sorry not sorry