Chapter 23

Luke

"I broke up with Chase." I breathe as he begins to turn away. He freezes mid step and I can see him hesitating.

"Why should I care?" he whispers and by now we've got a crowd surrounding us, blocking off any means of escape.

"Don't you lie to me." I tell him, my voice cracking painfully and my eyes beginning to burn. "You can't tell me that you worry if I even think of you and walk away when I broke up with him for you." my voice becoming more powerful by the time I finish speaking and I blink away my tears.

He turns to face me, his eyes and features reveal no emotion whatsoever as he scans my face and my all, seemingly searching for what to say. "Why." I barely heard it, but he said it. I don't know how to answer, I'm insecure, unsure of what to say. I'm afraid that if I open my mouth I will say the wrong thing and then I won't see him for another two weeks.

"It was a mistake." I mumble, my eyes peeled for any emotion change but I find none whatsoever. "I realize that I shouldn't have broken up with you, even if what you did was unforgivable. I love you." I am literally pouring my heart out to him in the middle of school, in front of tens of people I don't know. Ashton is silent. Everyone is silent. Even the sky seems to be holding its breath as we waited for his answer.

"Luke," Ashton breathes, taking a step closer to me and I am almost sure he's going to take me back. Almost. "Let's just start over." he holds out his hand for me to shake and I do, ever so hesitantly. "My name's Ashton, I like heavy metal music, my job at the tattoo parlor, and long walks on the beach." he winks making me chuckle nervously, but he continues. "I have hazel eyes, I love chimichangas and bananas, also I fall in love easily." he takes a deep breath and releases my hand, only to intertwine our fingers again. "I'm in love right now, and who it is, is on my wrist." He mumbles, but turns his wrist over so I can't see the tattoo. "He could also be identified as Luke Hemmings." and he kisses me.

a/n:

So I think this is ending soon so yeah.

Check out my other stories please please pleaseeee

Sorry it's so short