Chapter 19

Luke

The next day when I get to school I see Chase by his locker, piling books in his bag for his classes for the day. I walk over and help him with the books that are falling from his bag. "Here." I shove them back in his bag with a smile.

"Oh thank you." he rushes, his cheeks glowing pink as I zip his bag up.

"No problem. What class do you have?" I ask once he gets his bag over his shoulders and we stroll down the hall.

"Uhm. I have science first." He says, his eyes looking up at me curiously.

"I'll walk you." I smile at him and he blushes brighter, walking slowly down the hall so I can get more time with him.

Ashton

I can't believe that Luke is already flirting with that Chase kid. He already seems like he's over me, and it's only been like three and a half days! I frown and slam my locker closed and turn away from where they were, going to my class and sitting in my usual spot where I know Luke won't sit next to me. He shows up late, just as I thought he would and he sits in the same spot he did yesterday, by his bully and the jocks where spit balls were always shooting spitballs at the back of his hoodie. I roll my eyes and gather my things, walking out if the classroom despite the teacher's calls.

I'm not sure when I start crying, but the drops on my books and the moist paper proves that there are in fact tears falling down my cheeks. I sniffle, rubbing my eyes and wiping my nose until I reach the auditorium and climb on the stage, hiding behind the curtain. I curl up in a ball, hiding my face in my knees and I just start sobbing quietly until the door can be heard opening.

"Ashton?" someone calls, their voice echoing throughout the room. "Ashton I saw you walk in here." I hear Michael's shoes slapping the carpet getting closer and closer to me.

"Leave me alone." I mumble, my voice raw and hurting as I talk.

"Ash, you have to get him back." Mikey tells me, plopping down on the ground next to me.

"How am I supposed to do that?" I say angrily, digging my nails into my arms.

"I don't know, but look, I heard Michael talking to that Chase kid earlier and he was handing him money and shit and pointing at Luke. They're up to something Ash. You need to step in before Luke gets hurt again." he tells me in a serious tone, and I can practically see his face without looking. His raised eyebrows and slight frown, he always looks this way when he's serious.

"Whatever. I don't even care anymore, Michael." I mumble lowly.

"Don't you lie to me, get your shit together or else your cheek is going to say hello to my palm." he snaps an gets his things and walks away.

a/n:

Short update but hey

Oh well

Should I make them longer? they won't be up as quickly if I do