Chapter 15

Luke

Ashton wasn't even the slightest bit hesitant about going to the party when I asked him, I mean I should've known. He's quite the 'party animal', or so he tells me. He's picking me up at 7 and it's 6;57, so I lock my door and climb out of my window to meet him at the end of my street.

"Hey babe." he greets when I close my door and pecks my cheek. "Ready?" he smiles and starts up the car as soon as I nod. "let's go." I hear him mumble and we drive off in silence, not even the simple him of the radio to fill the void.

"So I'm graduating next week." Ashton says, "well, I hope Im graduating." he flicks on his turn signal and makes a sharp turn.

"Me too, I'm graduating early, and don't say that, Ash. Of course you're graduating, you're a smart guy." I promise him with a smile, he only sighs and then simply returns the smile.

"Thanks, babe." he parks about halfway down the block from the house that's dancing around along with the teenagers in the front yard. We walk hand in hand to the house, enter in the front door and weave through the people to get to the crowded kitchen.

"Want anything?" Ashton shouts over the music, motioning to the alcohol on the table.

"Yea, just get me whatever." I tell him with a soft shrug. He smirks a little and nods, walking over to the table. I take my eyes off of him and scan the crowd for anyone familiar. I spot Calum, he's just doing.... Calum things.

My eyes graze over the crowd and I think I see Michael, but he's changed his hair color since the last time I saw him so I'm not exactly sure. I turn to the person who tapped me on the shoulder with a smile, expecting Ashton but it's that girl Jo from class earlier today.

"Hi Luke." she slurs, her blond hair falling over her face and her breath reeking of alcohol. She slings her arms over my shoulders but I immediately push her off.

"Jo, you're drunk so go find some straight guy to fuck." I mumble and go to the table where Ashton disappeared to.

"Oh hey, I was just looking for you." he smiles and hands me a beverage which I thank him for. We drink some, okay maybe a lot, and end up dancing and jumping to the beat of Dark Horse or whatever was on, my mind is becoming such a blur but Ashton is a lot worse than I was. He's becoming very grabby and touchy and it's getting on my nerves.

"Ash, quit it!" I jump when he grabs my ass while I'm speaking to one of my friends.

"Fine." he pouts. "I'm going to the bathroom." he grumbles and walks away. I only roll my eyes and think nothing of it as I continue to talk to Calum.

"Yeah, and he was all like 'no you bastard those are mine' like, bitch you watched me pay for it with my own money!" I groan and Calum laughs, saying something about how I'm acting like such a girl when a girl actually walks up to me.

"Hey, you're Luke right?" she asks and I nod, letting out a hiccup causing her to groan and roll her eyes. "of course you're drunk." she grabs my wrist and drags me upstairs, leading me to a bedroom.

"What are you doing? I have a boyfriend! Stop!" I squeak and she groans again.

"We aren't coming up here to have sex you dope. I heard about you and that Ashton kid were dating and I just saw him walking into a room with that new slut, Jo." Suddenly I sober up a little and my heart is suddenly thumping in my chest.

"Wh-what?" I stutter, she's looking at me with sad eyes and nods her head sadly in the direction of the door. I look at the doorknob with shaky hands and finally turn it and walk in.

"Ashton?" my eyes are burning as I look at his naked body hovering over someone else's and I have to force myself to look away.

"Luke!" he calls, and I see moving out of the corner of my eye, but I can't make myself move from the spot where my heart broke for the first time. I new I shouldn't have fallen in love so quickly because this is how it always ends up. "Luke, this was a mistake, trust me this wasn't supposed to happen-"

"No!" I interrupt with tears brimming my eyes. "You're right, this-" I motion my hands between the two of us as the first tear falls down my cheek. "was a mistake." my lip is trembling as I speak, my voice shaking like mad. "I don't ever want to see you again." I mumble, turning and walking out of the room.

"Luke, wait." Ashton breathes, so I stop in the doorway, my hands balling up. "I love you." he whispers.

I just shake my head, and keep walking. I don't stop walking until I get into my room from the window and curl up in bed. My body is shaking, my head is throbbing, and my butt is vibrating--wait. I feel in my back pocket and find my phone and slide it to answer.

"He-hello?" I sniff.

"Luke," he breathes, "I didn't think you'd answer."

And then I hang up, throwing my phone to the side. It vibrates again and I see a text message.

"u said u nvr want 2 c me again, nvr said anything bout txtin or callin. x"

"Get out of my life, Ashton."

a/n: first of all
This chapter was v predictable and v cliché
BUTT
oh well deal with it
Anyway hope ya like :)