11 Mind Your Business

That same night:

I was so thankful Namjoon agreed to follow Jungkook. I didn't know the kid well, but I do know he's a good guy.

I already witnessed he doesn't get along with other kids too well. I don't really know why I want to help him so bad to be honest.

"What about the food?" I asked Namjoon. I felt terrible for ruining our dinner. Namjoon was so sweet he didn't even seem to mind.

"Let's just leave it. They'll be gone by the time we can pack it up."

I nodded and followed him out the door. It was pretty dark already so finding Jungkook would definitely be a challenge.

Or not. I spotted him immediately. He was standing behind the restaurant, with his "partner", talking.

I grabbed Namjoon who stumbled over a couple sticks and listened to them. It took me less than five seconds to realize the man wasn't there for school purposes. He was asking Jungkook for money, and a large sum of it.

I looked over at Namjoon with a worried expression and he mouthed "it'll be okay."

Jungkook told the man he needed one more week.

Then I heard something sickening. The man had punched Jungkook, and was continuously doing so.

I ran from behind the corner without thinking. "STOP!" I shrieked.

Both guys turned to me. I felt Namjoon dash behind me mumbling "why in the world would she do this?"

"Look I don't know who you are but you'll get whatever money so just leave him alone!" I yelled at him. Or maybe it was a beg, I'm not sure. My voice squeaked a little, I was sure of that.

Than man scoffed. "I don't know who you are little lady but I better have my money by the end of this week or I'll Lynch you both!" He snapped at me.

I felt myself shaking but I pursed my lips. "I'll pay it." What did I just say?

"You're going to give me two grand by the end of this week?" He asked, disbelief dripping from his tone.

I nodded, I couldn't back down now. Jungkook sure was a lot of trouble.

He pulled out his cellphone and without warning snapped a picture of me.

"Hey!"

He held up his phone "This is how I'm going to make sure I get my money."

"With my picture?"

He nodded "Ill know who to go after." He walked away with that, leaving me looking dumbfounded.

Jungkook let out a breath of frustration then turned to me. "I wish you hadn't gotten involved, now he has your picture."

"Oh you would've preferred for me to watch you get your ass whooped?! That guy is dangerous!"

Jungkook ran his fingers through his hair. He was very mad. Which baffled me, I saved the kid so why did he have an attitude?

"Solehyun, you're a great friend. But no matter how you like to act I'm not a kid! I'm nineteen and I can handle my own shit. You don't need to stick up for me like I'm some three year old!"

I was totally taken back.

"Hey, she was just trying to help." Namjoon intervened.

"Yeah I get that but I don't need it. I have the damn money, but I needed to wait till' they run out of supplies. Look, you won't understand except for the fact that you made a bigger mess for me to clean up and he's got your picture."

"So who is he Jungkook? Who is that man that has my picture?" I was totally on edge.

Jungkook was relunctant to tell me but he finally broke. "He just sells drugs that's it. He's not going to bother you, I'm going to give him the money."

My eyebrows jumped at that. "You buy drugs from him?" I felt a wave of disappointment in Jungkook.

Jungkook looked mad again. "Why do you try to act like you fucking know me? Yes I buy drugs from him okay?! And no...I don't take them."

Namjoon tugged on my wrist telling me it was time to go. I shook him off.

"Look Jungkook I'm not trying to get in your business or judge you I just wanted to know if you are alright. I mean the first time I met you you were getting chased for God's sakes! I consider you my friend but if you don't consider me yours that's fine. I just want to see if there's anything I can do to help. "

Jungkook shook his head "don't worry about me, I'm fine." He walked out into the darkness of the night.

My heartbeat had finally calmed down, I was still shaken up from fighting with Jungkook and confronting his drug dealer.

"Come on, I'll drop you off at your house." Namjoon said.

"Thanks Namjoon."

I slipped into the passenger seat, quiet. I was still thinking about what had happened. Maybe I should've let Jungkook handle it...but then again he really could've need the help and it's not like—

"Is that Suga?" I blurted out loud. I was so sure I saw Suga with a suitcase turn into a neighborhood. I frowned and sat back in my seat telling myself to mind my on business.