31. Second Chance

It's amazing how quickly someone's world that took so much time to build could go crashing down within one second.

There's no words to describe how I was feeling when Jackson walked into Yoongi's home.

"Yoongs, I'm so sorry. Please, take me back?" Jackson pleaded Yoongi.

Yoongi hadn't said anything and I couldn't read his expression. I had no idea what he would say next. I hoped he send Jackson away or even say he interested in someone else now. It'd be an absolute dream if he said he was with me. But he didn't, he just stood there as confused as me.

"I— I'm going to get going." I stammered. I couldn't stay here another second.

Yoongi diverged his attention to me "See you later."

I pursed my lips and headed to the door "Yeah."

Okay, so I was  a little angry. But how could you expect me not to be? He can't just lead me on like this and throw me away like that. Well, I guess he didn't throw me away and I'm overreacting but it sure felt like it.

I drove straight home and thankfully Jungkook was already there.

I didn't ask him why he was home early I just demanded him to pull out his earphones.

"You won't believe what just happened to me." I said throwing my things on the sofa.

"Do tell." He said while peeling a banana.

"Okay so you know how I told you yesterday night how I think Yoongi's starting to like me?"

He nodded "What you changed your mind?"

"Well I don't freaking know anymore!" I was pacing back and forth.

"But I thought he kissed you."

"Yeah, yeah he did. And here's the crazy thing..." Jungkook's eyebrows rose in anticipation "Jackson's back."

"What?"

"Yeah I know! He just rang the doorbell out of no where and asked Yoongi to take him back!"

"And what did Yoongi say?"

I sighed.

"He didn't say anything did he?"

I threw myself against the sofa "No." I mumbled in between the cushions.

"Hey don't beat yourself up and assume the worst."

I pulled my face away from between the cushions "But how can I be sure Yoongi likes me? I mean, he's never said anything to give me any clues."

"I'll ask him."

"What? Just like that?"

He laughed. "If it'll end your suffering."

"Oh thank you thank you thank you! Yes it most definitely will end my suffering."

Jungkook smiled "Glad to hear. I guess that means I have to stop by the Drip tomorrow, hopefully I'll catch him there."

I nodded. "I'm heading to bed early tonight, there's some food in the fridge I made last night if you get hungry."

"Soelhyun, it's only two in the afternoon."

I glanced at the time and sighed "Yeah I won't be going to sleep any time soon I guess."

"How does this sound, I make you dinner, I'll pick up a couple gallons of ice cream, or we can go clubbing?"

I laughed "Jungkook you're nineteen, do you really want to go clubbing?"

He nodded with his signature mischievous smile. "Unless you want to stay home and have an ice cream party."