27 Let's Share an Apartment

I leaned against the counter to relieve some of the pressure from my aching feet.
If Jimin had showed up to work this morning I could've taken my usual break, but he's probably still fucking at Jhope's house.

I sighed and glanced over at Namjoon. I learned that he is unpredictable, and I could never tell what was going on in his head.

He caught me looking at him and he smiled " Want to take your break now? I can handle the customers."

"Really? That'd be awesome." I was so thankful, I wasn't sure how much more I could've taken.

"Of course." He winked at me and turned back to his work.

I flung myself into a plushy cushion near the window and closed my eyes.

I immediately opened them when I felt a harsh flick land right between my eyebrows.

"Ouch!" I yelped, my hand immediately tending to the pained area.

"Jungkook." I said surprised after opening my eyes.

He smiled a bit "Sorry for waking you."

"Nah it's fine just try not to break my skull next time." I chuckled after rubbing the (probably red) spot. "So what's up?"

I wanted to ask him if he considered the proposition I gave him the last time we talked, but I didn't want to push it.

"First off, I'm hurt I wasn't invited to your party."

"My party?"

"Yeah, Namjoon posted it on social media.

"You follow Namjoon on social media?"

"That's not the point." He joked.

"Well anyway, I didn't have a party Namjoon just invited himself when I was at Suga's."

His eyebrows rose. "You were at Suga's why exactly?"

I laughed at him, he was probably thinking of the worst of us "I was cheering him up with dinner and board games."

"Like a date?"

"No, not a date. A hang out."

"So basically a date."

I sighed exasperated "how can it be a date when Namjoon was there?"

Jungkook laughed to himself " Namjoon doesn't count, he invited himself. But call it what you want, because that screams date to me."

I smiled thinking how the night could've gone if it actually was a date, but then the realization that it probably wouldn't happen anytime soon hit.

"So did you have anything else for me?"

Jungkook dropped his playfulness and got serious "Actually yes. I thought about what you said a night ago for a long time, and I was wondering if the proposal is still open for me to share the place with you? I'd get a job and everything, Id stay out of your love life and all. All I need is just one month and I'll be gone."

I smiled greatful he came to his senses and realized what's best for him "I'd love for you to live with me for all the time you need to get back on your feet. And what love life?" I scoffed .

He smiled and gave me a quick hug "Thanks so much Soelhyun! And don't worry, Suga will come around."

I smiled nodding hoping that was true.

By the time Jungkook left my break was over so I headed back behind the counter.

Immediately when I returned Suga walked in to the Drip letting loose a small bundle of butterflies in my stomach.

"Ugh!" I exclaimed acting as if I was appalled by him "first Jungkook now you? You guys really should get a life." I joked.

"Shut up Sunny and get me my strawberry boba." He played along.

"Yes because that definitely is the manliest drink we have." A smile tugged at my lips ruining my acting.

"So are you going to let me take you out for dinner tonight?" He asked swiping his card against the machine.

I looked up at him shocked "What?"

"It's the least I could do since you dedicated your whole evening to me yesterday."

So, like a date? Did he just ask me out on a date? No, he wouldn't. But...what if he wa-

"Well what about me?" Namjoon joked "I was there too."

Suga's face faltered a little "I mean sure...if you really want to."

"Great! You, me, and Soelhyun have a date with Chicken palace tonight!" Namjoon said while smiling.

I couldn't help but to let my face drop. What if Suga actually was asking me on a date and now Namjoon is coming? But then again he wouldn't, he said himself that we are just friends, so maybe not getting my hopes up is what I needed.

"Yeah okay, sounds great." I smiled hoping he didn't notice the red in my face.