Chapter 3

When Cath got into the carriage her heart ached. Well, not her heart, but something in her chest gave a gentle buzz. Taking a carriage to the sturgeons reminded her of when Jest took her in his arms to get treacle.

She shoved the memory away. For some reason, Cathrine felt like if she thought fragile thoughts in front of anyone else, but Raven and Cheshire they would see through her. They would see through her and see that she was nothing, but a little girl with a loud intimidating voice.

Her thoughts got interrupted by the sound of the henchmen opening the carriage door and taking a bow. She stood up and as gracefully as she could she walked to the lobby of the hostpital. She only had to walk from the drop of center to the building, but walking that much felt like walking for internity with the weight of another human being. Cath's legs felt wobbly like she would collapse again.

She managed to get all the way to the counter where one of the nurses just kept clicking on her cromputer.

"State your name," the nurse said bordely without looking up.

Cath didn't even have the energy to yell at her.

"Queen of hearts," was all she could mutter.

The nurse's head flew up and her eyes were as wide a saucer's "Your Majesty, I'm so sorry. What's wrong? Are you feeling ill?" she said while going around the counter to take Cath to a different room.

When they entered the room, Cath gasped. There she was sitting there, looking at her, serving her once again.

She immediately stood up and bowed "Your Majesty,"

Hehe you didn't see that ending did you? Anyways, sorry for the shortest chapter in the world, I hope you're liking this story so far. I'll update soon.