Chapter 10

When Cath woke up she had 6 eyes staring at her, and some whisker's and a beak. She sat up and wearily looked at everyone, who was still staring at her. There was concern in all of their faces.

"What?" she said, "What're you looking at" It was no easier to talk today than yesterday.

They just kept staring at her. She took a look around and noticed the surface she was laying on was very hard. She probably fell off her bed, she looked up and found that her bed was a mess and her blanket was completely off the bed on the other side.

Catherine tried to sir up but fell back down, her muscles weren't working as they should be. Mary Anne helped her up while Cheshire and Raven backed away. It was clear that they were all very worried none of had said anything.

"Will someone talk to me?" Cath said getting a little annoyed,

Cheshire was the first to talk, "You look terribly ill Lady Catherine,"

"No kidding," Raven chirped. It was hardly like Raven to make a joke or say ant type of humor, but it made Cath feel better, so she let it slide.

Mary Anne helped her to the bed where she gave her a bed table.

"It'll take some time for you to recover completely, I'd say 2 weeks? Your immune system is very strong so it'll fight of the extra bits of metal in there very quickly."

"Why?" Cath didn't really know what she was asking but she knew what she had to say.

"Excuse me?" Mary Anne looked offended. It was the face she'd made when she was told that she needed time to recover.

"I don't feel anything. Not any loss or anything." Cath almost felt guilty, was this supposed to happen to her?

 She felt the faint loss but it didn't feel like the most important person in her life died. It felt more like how she would feel it the king died. It wasn't like she was crying hysterically or anything. It was just so. . . complicated. Was she missing him or not? Will she fall in love with someone else now that she got a new heart? Or will she never fall in love again?

"Trust me, you feel it. You're just not letting that feeling reach you."

What is that supposed to mean? Cath thought

"So what am I supposed to do?"

"Depends on what you want, if you really want to remember him, you will. If you don't want to you won't."

"Why are you speaking in riddles today this is too confusing."

"It'll be confusing if you wish it to be confusing."

"This is crazy! I have no idea what you're saying!"

"You can make it not crazy if you want to."

Cath gave her a weird look then she did something she'd thought never happen again. It was so weird it came out of nowhere: she laughed, a genuine real laugh. Mary Anne looked at her with pride like she was a baby that just learned how to walk, Cath didn't mind it though. She wasn't minding a lot of things lately.

Mary Anne broke the silence, "Have your pills then you should get some more rest."

Cath smiled while she took the small pill, the size of a large rice. She stared at it for a while, maybe she could start new, and make the rest of Hearts like her. Maybe, just maybe she could be a loving queen, with a loving country. Yes, that's exactly what she would do. She would be the queen she would have been if she were in Chess with. . . him. But then again it always goes back to him, she'll never get over him. Who know's a new heart, a new life.

So sorry, I didn't post in forever, the ending wasn't the best that's for sure. Comment what you think! I'm actually planning to start another story, but this story will be updated!